new maxima

Vincent cimmino

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 25, 2017
Messages
79
Reaction score
71
Location
New Jersey
What state or country do you live in
New Jersey
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just purchased new blue maxima , to add to my 30 Gallon, also have derasa clam already , what do you think?
7d732ec635cad0ec54ceda56ab33fe9a.jpg
434c13a436a25074089390fa0f572ec2.jpg
 
looks happy i would provide a hard substrate for the maxima to attach to (ie old clam shells work well)
 
My sand is only like an inch deep, my derasa is attached to the glass bottom. Do you think the maxima will do that or should I provide something like you said
 
My sand is only like an inch deep, my derasa is attached to the glass bottom. Do you think the maxima will do that or should I provide something like you said
it will be a lot easier to move it if its attached to something else. You have to be very careful in cutting the bysuss threads if your going to move it. Otherwise if your happy where its at and the clam is getting sufficient light, it should be fine
 
I'll attach it to something then, because I'm planning on upgrading in the next year to a large tank, thanks for the advise
 
Also a maxima probably won't be as happy that far down as the dersera is.
 
I have 2 AI prime hd lights on a 30L so it gets a lot of light on the sand, so I'll keep an eye on him
 
Beautiful clam...good luck with your new acquisition!
bsa
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 8 5.1%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 7.1%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 17.3%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 53 34.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 7.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.4%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 24 15.4%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 10 6.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new