New Member - 240 Reef underway

jetor

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello All,

My name is Jasen. I have been lurking the forums for many years. I was in the hobby about 10 years ago (total of 30 years with numerous tanks) and then kids happened.

I have had an acrylic 240 reef-ready tank stashed in the garage for about that same amount of time I have been out of the hobby as it was supposed my upgrade from the old 220 reef-tank, I had back then (I disliked the 30" tall tank, too hard to access)....again kids happened. The "new" 240 got a scratched up living in the garage for nearly 10 years but now it is time to start buffing it out. It is a bit of work buffing a tank for sure (ok....it has been a ton of work) but it is coming along. I have been collecting pieces and parts for this tank for a number of years so I never really left the hobby just didn't have any fish...or corals or water :) I am really getting excited to fill it up and get going again, my kids are both old enough now where they are really excited to see fish in the tank too....I am excited for their excitement as that is what got me going at the age of 10.

I took a few pictures of the mess underway.....but it is a mess with a vision in my head of the beauty it will eventually be.

Jasen

IMG_8568.jpg IMG_8562.jpg IMG_8589.jpg IMG_8590.jpg IMG_8591.jpg IMG_8592.jpg

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
lots of elbow grease on that tank- Looks good

welcome38.jpg

Ippyroy

Defeater of Dinos
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello All,

My name is Jasen. I have been lurking the forums for many years. I was in the hobby about 10 years ago (total of 30 years with numerous tanks) and then kids happened.

I have had an acrylic 240 reef-ready tank stashed in the garage for about that same amount of time I have been out of the hobby as it was supposed my upgrade from the old 220 reef-tank, I had back then (I disliked the 30" tall tank, too hard to access)....again kids happened. The "new" 240 got a scratched up living in the garage for nearly 10 years but now it is time to start buffing it out. It is a bit of work buffing a tank for sure (ok....it has been a ton of work) but it is coming along. I have been collecting pieces and parts for this tank for a number of years so I never really left the hobby just didn't have any fish...or corals or water :) I am really getting excited to fill it up and get going again, my kids are both old enough now where they are really excited to see fish in the tank too....I am excited for their excitement as that is what got me going at the age of 10.

I took a few pictures of the mess underway.....but it is a mess with a vision in my head of the beauty it will eventually be.

Jasen

IMG_8568.jpg IMG_8562.jpg IMG_8589.jpg IMG_8590.jpg IMG_8591.jpg IMG_8592.jpg
Definitely make a build thread.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 108 87.1%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.5%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.4%
Back