New member and new reefer

Jessica Tucker

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 12, 2017
Messages
10
Reaction score
16
What state or country do you live in
Georgia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello!! I am new to reefing and will likely have a lot of question lol. I am in the process of setting up a 75 gallon display tank with likely a 55 or 40 gallon display refugium. I currently have a few coral frags, 2 clownfish pairs, and fire shrimp and emerald crabs in 3 separate quarantine tanks labeled fish, coral, and inverts as my display tank is cycling. I appreciate everyone in advance for their support!

Jessica
 
Welcome to R2R!!!
welcome12_af875eaa887ed91c39e4c81c7d4fd966-0ed06ab93ea565647147c6beddbca4eb.gif
zOk7nol.gif
 
Welcome!!!

You write that you will add a rather large Display refugium. Is your goal to create a macro algae biotope to look at - and put in some Sea Horses as well?

Sincerely Lasse
 
Welcome to Reef2Reef!

We're happy to have you as a part of our reefing family! :)
 
Welcome!!!

You write that you will add a rather large Display refugium. Is your goal to create a macro algae biotope to look at - and put in some Sea Horses as well?

Sincerely Lasse
That is the goal!! I may have a few pieces of coral in there but predominantly various species of macro algae, seahorses, pipe fish, cardinals, and maybe one pair of clownfish.
 
Wow!!! Thank you everyone for the support and for making me feel welcomed!! . I’m sure that I will have a lot of questions and will try to post pics of the progression of my first reef tank!!
 
Wow!!! Thank you everyone for the support and for making me feel welcomed!! . I’m sure that I will have a lot of questions and will try to post pics of the progression of my first reef tank!!

Your welcome, this is a great community and very helpful with question.:)
 
That is the goal!! I may have a few pieces of coral in there but predominantly various species of macro algae, seahorses, pipe fish, cardinals, and maybe one pair of clownfish.

Skip the clowns :)

Sincerely Lasse
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 6 42.9%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 4 28.6%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 7 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 5 35.7%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new