OP
OP
omar jawad

omar jawad

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First thing, welcome to R2R. Second, that is a great looking setup. Third, I need to go home and do some wire maintenance after seeing your tank.
Wiring was super important to me. I kind of cheated as I am a Car Audio shop owner. I have plenty of tricks to keeping things clean. I wanted the behind the scene to look as good if not better then the tank itself.

OP
OP
omar jawad

omar jawad

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Today I got to play with my Neptune auto feeder. Didn't go well. The thing will dump a lot of food if you let it. Oops. What should I worry about now?

OP
OP
omar jawad

omar jawad

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What a nightmare. Moved my fish from my original tank that have been with me for over a year, all of them are now dead with the exception of the Regal. Looks like I have to get the regal out and go fallow for 72 days. Bummer. Fish appear to have ick and brooklynella. All 5 of my captive bread cardinals are also gone. Patience is the hardest part in this hobby. Lesson learned.

SoFloGator

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone. I wanted to join this group as it appears that there are a lot of passionate reefers here. Please check out my new tank. I am joining this group as my new tank is cycling. It is a RedSea Reefer 450 that I only used the tank and sump. The stand was discarded for a custom made cherry wood cabinet that matched the home decor. I'm looking forward to all the knowledge and inspiration that I can gain here. Here are a few pictures of the tank and the build.

Omar you have a gorgeous set up. Your tank stand likes like a Chris Benner stand? So sorry to hear about the loss of yor fish....

OP
OP
omar jawad

omar jawad

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The stand was build by a local cabinet builder in Gainesville Florida. This was his first tank stand. He did good for a first try. A few hiccups but for the most part, he came through. Thanks for the compliment.

SoFloGator

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi
The stand was build by a local cabinet builder in Gainesville Florida. This was his first tank stand. He did good for a first try. A few hiccups but for the most part, he came through. Thanks for the compliment.

Hi Omar...getting ready for Fla vs Kentucky. In two of the pics of your setup I see multiple small bottles on two shelves that appear to be for dosing various elements into your sump. If that's right, who makes it or is it DIY? Also the shelves appear to be a one piece plastic enclosure. Is that right and is it product you have adapted from car audio business?

I am getting back into the hobby after a 35 year layoff and the cleanliness of your setup is very appealing to me. I have been poking around the various forums for the last 2 or 3 months getting ideas for my own build and your set up is the nicest one I have come across. Have you thought about adding custom tank wiring as an additional line of business?

OP
OP
omar jawad

omar jawad

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi

Hi Omar...getting ready for Fla vs Kentucky. In two of the pics of your setup I see multiple small bottles on two shelves that appear to be for dosing various elements into your sump. If that's right, who makes it or is it DIY? Also the shelves appear to be a one piece plastic enclosure. Is that right and is it product you have adapted from car audio business?

I am getting back into the hobby after a 35 year layoff and the cleanliness of your setup is very appealing to me. I have been poking around the various forums for the last 2 or 3 months getting ideas for my own build and your set up is the nicest one I have come across. Have you thought about adding custom tank wiring as an additional line of business?
Thanks for the compliment. I'm definitely proud of the work I put in but I did have help. The dosing system is 8 BRS dosing pumps. The bottles were purchased from uline.com. They're glass bottles. They are controlled by the Apex Gold controller. The rack is made out of marine starboard. It's has a similar feel to a white kitchen cutting board. While I'd love to do this type of work for a living, I don't think I'd be able to make much of a living. Plus, I'm still kind of a rookie as far as the live stock goes. I've been in the hobby for four years but still have loads to learn.

Txdragonslayer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone. I wanted to join this group as it appears that there are a lot of passionate reefers here. Please check out my new tank. I am joining this group as my new tank is cycling. It is a RedSea Reefer 450 that I only used the tank and sump. The stand was discarded for a custom made cherry wood cabinet that matched the home decor. I'm looking forward to all the knowledge and inspiration that I can gain here. Here are a few pictures of the tank and the build.
@omar jawad very good pictures! you are inspiring me to make a new stand too! where did you get that horizontal fan you have just over your sump? is that effective for you, i have been thinking of getting the GHL, or tunze fans, so i was wondering how it has been working for you?

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 94 75.8%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 12.1%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 6.5%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 1.6%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

• Other.

Back