First post…happy to be here!

afternoondelight

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Long time lurker who finally joined up and getting ready to roll on a new 60” system for our home!
We built our forever home 5 1/2 years ago and incorporated plans for an eventual large saltwater aquarium for the dining room. We plumbed the wall between the dining room and pantry for wastewater and a cold water supply as well as dedicated electrical circuits. I have been perusing these boards and using y’all for information for months, but I have finally pretty much narrowed it down.

The dining room has a 60” alcove that is recessed 23” into the wall. After running the gamut between this manufacturer and that manufacturer and this cabinet and that cabinet, I have finally settled on the Cade 1500 Pro Reef S2. My wife and I both like the Aluminum and glass cabinet and the aquarium itself is stunning. Trust me, I considered pretty much every brand out there and it was neck and neck at times,, but I just kept going back to the Cade so the deal is done!

I am planning on doing a ton of stuff to (hopefully) make this build as user-friendly and low-maintenance as possible (however I KNOW that low-maintenance and salt water aquariums don’t belong in the same sentence..lol)

I am looking forward to interacting with all the folks here at reef2reef, picking your brains and falling back on the wealth of knowledge that lives here in this form…

Glad to be here and happy to be popping the cork on this build!

Last edited:

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
welcome33.gif

OP
OP
A

afternoondelight

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for all the replies folks! Today marks the day we actually purchase the tank and stand and then we will methodically buy all the other stuff over the next month or so. We have a long trip to Belize planned in April and I don't plan on doing anything other than potentially cycling the tank before we get back.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 19 13.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 7.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 21 15.3%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 77 56.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.6%
Back