First post…happy to be here!

Welcome to R2R and the salty world. Take things slowly. Lots of knowledgeable and helpful people here who will support and advise you when needed.
H8VECcFiTCylIqSp-MdpRw.jpeg
 
Long time lurker who finally joined up and getting ready to roll on a new 60” system for our home!
We built our forever home 5 1/2 years ago and incorporated plans for an eventual large saltwater aquarium for the dining room. We plumbed the wall between the dining room and pantry for wastewater and a cold water supply as well as dedicated electrical circuits. I have been perusing these boards and using y’all for information for months, but I have finally pretty much narrowed it down.

The dining room has a 60” alcove that is recessed 23” into the wall. After running the gamut between this manufacturer and that manufacturer and this cabinet and that cabinet, I have finally settled on the Cade 1500 Pro Reef S2. My wife and I both like the Aluminum and glass cabinet and the aquarium itself is stunning. Trust me, I considered pretty much every brand out there and it was neck and neck at times,, but I just kept going back to the Cade so the deal is done!

I am planning on doing a ton of stuff to (hopefully) make this build as user-friendly and low-maintenance as possible (however I KNOW that low-maintenance and salt water aquariums don’t belong in the same sentence..lol)

I am looking forward to interacting with all the folks here at reef2reef, picking your brains and falling back on the wealth of knowledge that lives here in this form…

Glad to be here and happy to be popping the cork on this build!
Welcome to R2R
Finding Dory Sea GIF by Disney/Pixar's Finding Dory
 
Thanks everyone...trying to map out an area for a mixing station in my garage and do as much as possible to automate things and get the infrastructure in behind where the tank is going to go BEFORE I get this thing delivered. The more I research, the more my head wants to EXPLODE. LOL
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.6%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 6.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 16.7%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 56 34.6%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 6.8%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 11 6.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 24 14.8%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 11 6.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new