New member from Charlotte, NC

Adam_T

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey there!

Just wanted to jump on here and introduce myself. The name is Adam; I'm 22 years old and just started building my first 55gal reef aquarium.

I just bought the Top Fin 55 gallon starter kit from petsmart (not the best but a good deal for what you get with it). I'll be upgrading my lighting to support the reef life and adding 2 blowers to keep the water flowing soon. I just got done building my custom stand to go with it (will upload pics soon), and will be adding 55lbs of Live Rock & Live Sand & the water right after christmas. Will let that chill for about a month while I monitor all necessary levels, and then will be adding my first fish!

Purpose: I got this starter kit and will be doing a lot of research regarding SW reef-aquariums due to the fact that I have been interested in Marine Biology since I was a little kid. I am almost finished with my 2 year degree from CPCC and will be transferring to UNCW to go for my degree in Marine Biology. I've always been fascinated in reefs but besides deciding to go to school for Marine Biology, I never took any pre-steps to start learning about it...so here I am! I'll be doing tests daily and will have a database being updated weekly as well with all of my levels regarding all necessary tests and the status of all life and fish. Photos will be taken bi-weekly after my 20% water changes and I'll definitely make a thread regarding my tanks progress.

Anyway, I'm sure I'll see a lot of you guys on the forums as I will be asking a bunch of questions!

Russellaqua

Coral Junkie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome, and congratulations on going to school to pursue your dream!

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 33 31.1%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 23.6%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 20 18.9%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 26.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back