New member from florida

dolphindan

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 22, 2024
Messages
28
Reaction score
37
Location
florida keys
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello! New to the group and I’m just starting out with my first saltwater tank. I have the fluval EVO 5 gallon and am hoping to run a successful little softie and anemone tank. I have two snowflakes, one of which is named Holes due to the holes in his pattern, and Hole’s Friend whose name I am working on. I recently introduced a bubble tip anemone with which I will be seeking guidance on here. My light is a Fluval Marine 3.0 22W. I also have a nice freshwater planted tank that I enjoy aquascaping and pruning in the downtime from my salt tank.

I spend my free time Scuba diving in the Keys so if there are any divers here, let me know! Look forward to reading and chatting!
 
Welcome to your new home for saltwater reef aquarium resources and fun! Welcome to the family! :D
welcome-home-logo-greeting-png.1484246
 
Welcome to Reef2Reef!!!

Clownfish.gif
 
Welcome to R2R!
200.gif
 
Well, that's a VERY small tank. I wouldn't put any fish in there. Just corals. I would seriously consider a larger tank (something like a 20g long to house 2 snowflakes).

And Welcome! It's great to have you here!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 1 3.7%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 1 3.7%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 5 18.5%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 1 3.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 1 3.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new