New member here!!

Lehton_Whitis

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Everyone! My name is Lehton and I am a new member of reef2reef and new to Aquariums. This is my tank (10 gallons) and I currently have 2 clownfish living in it. It’s been a rough transition into this hobby and I think I jumped into it too fast, but things are going good. I have a Duncan coral, a leather, and a mushroom in the back, as well as 4 Zoas on the plugs. Normally my Duncan is more opened up but he got ticked when I was living him around. I know they prefer smaller amounts of light, but I’ve been observing him and he seems to love the position he is in. I also have a couple snails for cleaning. I’m new here so I wanted to post this discussion for anyone open to helping me when needed or if anyone had any comments about my tank. Everything helps as I’ve only had it for almost a month now. I was just finishing up on trying to glue my live rock together but was having an extremely hard time with it, as my rock set up is awkward but I like it. I tried using epoxy but it was having a hard time sticking, I wish I glued it before I put it in the tank cause now it is hard to clean and move around, as I’m always worried about the rocks falling or slipping. My corals are now glued to the rocks. My friend gave me most of the of the equipment needed to start including the tank, power head, filter, and led light.

Attachments

• 63165856721__15CAB8A7-A8E1-4433-A457-13DFAF26AF02.MOV
    3.7 MB
OP
OP
Lehton_Whitis

Lehton_Whitis

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you running a Mac also? Just curios if that is why we can't see video
Hi Lehton Welcome to R2R!!!

i cant see the picture either
Hi Lehton Welcome to R2R!!!

i cant see the picture either
Hi Lehton, Welcome to R2R!!!!!!

FYI - can't see the photo/video
Here is a new pic. I’m uploading from my IPhone so maybe that is why it could be not uploading properly.
C9AEBA5A-0039-47F4-A2ED-0126F9B3A6D3.jpeg

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I cant see a pic but I am concerned as you stated you have a 10 gallon tank and you literally have it stocked within a month ? There are going to be chemical changes and spikes. Do you have test kits?
Duncans need moderate light and water flow and feedings 2-3X per week.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
OP
OP
Lehton_Whitis

Lehton_Whitis

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I cant see a pic but I am concerned as you stated you have a 10 gallon tank and you literally have it stocked within a month ? There are going to be chemical changes and spikes. Do you have test kits?
Duncans need moderate light and water flow and feedings 2-3X per week.
I have a refractometer and a thermometer. I posted a new pic under a reply on this thread. I moved my Duncan to a lower area cause I wasn’t sure if they were happy with the previous spot they were in.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    149.8 KB · Views: 34

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 66 39.8%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 36 21.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 58 34.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.6%
Back