New member here!!

Lehton_Whitis

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 31, 2020
Messages
3
Reaction score
9
Location
Naples
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Everyone! My name is Lehton and I am a new member of reef2reef and new to Aquariums. This is my tank (10 gallons) and I currently have 2 clownfish living in it. It’s been a rough transition into this hobby and I think I jumped into it too fast, but things are going good. I have a Duncan coral, a leather, and a mushroom in the back, as well as 4 Zoas on the plugs. Normally my Duncan is more opened up but he got ticked when I was living him around. I know they prefer smaller amounts of light, but I’ve been observing him and he seems to love the position he is in. I also have a couple snails for cleaning. I’m new here so I wanted to post this discussion for anyone open to helping me when needed or if anyone had any comments about my tank. Everything helps as I’ve only had it for almost a month now. I was just finishing up on trying to glue my live rock together but was having an extremely hard time with it, as my rock set up is awkward but I like it. I tried using epoxy but it was having a hard time sticking, I wish I glued it before I put it in the tank cause now it is hard to clean and move around, as I’m always worried about the rocks falling or slipping. My corals are now glued to the rocks. My friend gave me most of the of the equipment needed to start including the tank, power head, filter, and led light.
 

Attachments

  • 63165856721__15CAB8A7-A8E1-4433-A457-13DFAF26AF02.MOV
    3.7 MB
hi welcome to the reef going to love it here!!
lots of fun/info/fun/help/fun....
 
Are you running a Mac also? Just curios if that is why we can't see video
Hi Lehton Welcome to R2R!!!

i cant see the picture either
Hi Lehton Welcome to R2R!!!

i cant see the picture either
Hi Lehton, Welcome to R2R!!!!!!

FYI - can't see the photo/video
Here is a new pic. I’m uploading from my IPhone so maybe that is why it could be not uploading properly.
C9AEBA5A-0039-47F4-A2ED-0126F9B3A6D3.jpeg
 
I cant see a pic but I am concerned as you stated you have a 10 gallon tank and you literally have it stocked within a month ? There are going to be chemical changes and spikes. Do you have test kits?
Duncans need moderate light and water flow and feedings 2-3X per week.
 
I cant see a pic but I am concerned as you stated you have a 10 gallon tank and you literally have it stocked within a month ? There are going to be chemical changes and spikes. Do you have test kits?
Duncans need moderate light and water flow and feedings 2-3X per week.
I have a refractometer and a thermometer. I posted a new pic under a reply on this thread. I moved my Duncan to a lower area cause I wasn’t sure if they were happy with the previous spot they were in.
 

Attachments

  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    149.8 KB · Views: 77

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 11 33.3%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 16 48.5%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 9.1%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 11 33.3%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 4 12.1%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 15 45.5%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 8 24.2%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new