New member, old reefer

Zakery Murray

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Look up innovative marine, they have some nice stuff you may find what you’re looking for there.
I went and reread what you wrote, your dimensions are okay height wise and width wise, it’s just 61 inch tanks usually have a bigger length and width. I would suggest if it has to be that long go custom, or either shorten it. I would look up innovative marine tanks on here, there are tons of people’s views and opinions on their tanks. You could always post a thread and ask for peoples opinions on them also.

BeltedCoyote

Philosopher king of the Memes
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
revenge of the sith prequel GIF

Welcome to R2R!!!!

DDenny

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to Reef2Reef. If you have to have aluminum stand that is going to cost a pretty penny build. But I would try and track down some local welders that could custom build the stand to your specs. Take a look at the their welding abilities and ask for references/work they have completed. If they get mad then they aren't any good to begin with. Most welders are used to being asked these things. I teach welding and we build a lot of different things out of metal but we have built some nonstructural items out of aluminum.

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Welcome to Reef2Reef!!!

Clownfish.gif

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
4F3AED01-9BBC-4C7C-A5B9-AD89C1018281.gif

Fish Think Pink

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all!. My family has had freshwater tanks all my life, and about 14 years ago I started my first saltwater tank. Unfortunately I ran into two big issues and had to leave the hobby six years ago. I have know gotten the green light to get back in but under specific conditions. I need some help finding the "perfect" tank. Where would be best for asking about different tanks like IM, waterbox, or custom makers?
Welcome!

The most important part, have FUN!! There is no 'perfect' as there are so many variables. If you plan fish in tank, then this helps size tank based on any "fish wish list" you may have:

Here on R2R under Forums there is General Hardware and Filtration Section, but I'd think for every question like above, you may get 5 different opinions... and all the different opinions are "right" Fish stores in your area may also be able to assist you with tanks - while not all keep 'dry goods' like tanks in stock, they'll have some local opinions for you.

CMMorgan

Counting my blessings...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
but it only comes with a wood stand :(
So... why against the wood? Wood won't rust. Wood won't break your budget.
You may want to look into having an 80/20 aluminum stand designed and sent to you to assemble. That will still eat up half of your budget.
The most cost effective option would be to get the tank you want and build a stand. When you are choosing a builder (if you go custom), search for others experiences. I ordered a tank last September and my nightmare is still ongoing.... see my build thread if you want details.
One of the most reputable builders out there is Glass Cages. @Joe Glass Cages is always willing to answer questions.
Based off of my (bad) experience, I would also advise that you think about all of the details in front of the build... what type of overflow, size of the drain, how many returns.... get everything figured out. It will make the process less painful and help you stay closer to budget.
Welcome to the fishy family!! We're here to help....
woodchuck GIF

Joe Glass Cages

Passionate Glass Cages’s Team Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So... why against the wood? Wood won't rust. Wood won't break your budget.
You may want to look into having an 80/20 aluminum stand designed and sent to you to assemble. That will still eat up half of your budget.
The most cost effective option would be to get the tank you want and build a stand. When you are choosing a builder (if you go custom), search for others experiences. I ordered a tank last September and my nightmare is still ongoing.... see my build thread if you want details.
One of the most reputable builders out there is Glass Cages. @Joe Glass Cages is always willing to answer questions.
Based off of my (bad) experience, I would also advise that you think about all of the details in front of the build... what type of overflow, size of the drain, how many returns.... get everything figured out. It will make the process less painful and help you stay closer to budget.
Welcome to the fishy family!! We're here to help....
woodchuck GIF
Thanks so much for the support @CMMorgan. really proud of the Glass Cages Team

Back