New member reefer 425xl

gd1985

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all

Hope to connect with some experienced reefers on here to guide me along.

Story so far...

So my reefing journey got off to a rocky start after having some questionable advice from a recommended LFS.

I used ATM colony to kick start a cycle & within a week had x5 chromis, a Royal gramma, Midas blenny, pair of black ice clowns, Chalk Goby, a coral beauty & a pair of cleaner shrimp in the tank. Yes I know, too much too soon.

It didn't sit right with me & went against my instincts but went along with it on their advice. Mistake!

White spot went through the tank & I had to set up a small QT to save x2 chromis, coral beauty & goby. Lost all the rest

After going fallow I've got them back in the DT & will be putting in a new pair of clowns after they finish QT. Lost a gramma & mccosckers in the same QT last week too. The gramma & mccosckers fought constantly for a week & gramma went 1st. Once I put the cupramine up to therapeutic dose the mccosckers went downhill.

I've recently added my 1st corals a month back. Torch coral, dragon soul favia & a chalice I can't get a name on. All doing well & growing so fingers crossed!

My tank is a reefer 425xl, x2 hydra 32s lights, x2 mp10s, reef octo 150 skimmer, clarisea filter & dd fluidised reactor with rawphos media.

20211017_093445.jpg 20211017_093333.jpg 20211017_093247.jpg 20211017_093242.jpg

Fish Think Pink

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all

Hope to connect with some experienced reefers on here to guide me along.

Story so far...

So my reefing journey got off to a rocky start after having some questionable advice from a recommended LFS.

I used ATM colony to kick start a cycle & within a week had x5 chromis, a Royal gramma, Midas blenny, pair of black ice clowns, Chalk Goby, a coral beauty & a pair of cleaner shrimp in the tank. Yes I know, too much too soon.

It didn't sit right with me & went against my instincts but went along with it on their advice. Mistake!

White spot went through the tank & I had to set up a small QT to save x2 chromis, coral beauty & goby. Lost all the rest

After going fallow I've got them back in the DT & will be putting in a new pair of clowns after they finish QT. Lost a gramma & mccosckers in the same QT last week too. The gramma & mccosckers fought constantly for a week & gramma went 1st. Once I put the cupramine up to therapeutic dose the mccosckers went downhill.

I've recently added my 1st corals a month back. Torch coral, dragon soul favia & a chalice I can't get a name on. All doing well & growing so fingers crossed!

My tank is a reefer 425xl, x2 hydra 32s lights, x2 mp10s, reef octo 150 skimmer, clarisea filter & dd fluidised reactor with rawphos media.

20211017_093445.jpg 20211017_093333.jpg 20211017_093247.jpg 20211017_093242.jpg

Welcome! Glad you joined. Sorry for your losses, but it sounds like you have lots of BBA - Bounce Back Ability - which is great for this hobby (and life!).

Have you considered starting your build thread? I found its a great place to document my tank's evolution for myself. Like you, I started tank first then joined, so I'm still finding myself going back collecting pictures & updating historically as well as current state. Once you create your first post in your thread and link it to your account, they will give you build badge (look left, under my ID)

Back