New Member to Reef2Reef

lilkiwi930

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello my name is Brittney aka Lilkiwi,

I originally was going to sign up with reef central because whenever I googled information there site popped up. Well there site not working. So I googled other websites that members can go and discuss there tanks and came across this one.

I have been into this hobby for about 1.5 years, still new to this. I started out with a 10g tank and since have upgraded to a 32g tank. I have both fishes and corals in my tank. I love watching my corals grow when I buy them so small. Including the sorts of fish that swim in my tank.

Types of fish that are in my tank:
1: Clown Fish
2: FoxFace Fish
3. Lawnmower
4. Purple Fire Fish
5. Damsel
6. Kole Tang
7. Chocolate Star Fish
8. Multiple snails

Types of Corals in my tank:
1. Green Start Polyp
2. Xenia
3. Metallic Frog Spawn
4. (I have one that I do not recall the name & having hard time finding it)

I had two more corals that unfortunately did not make it. I am currently in the process of dealing with pets in my tank. I have been attempting to kill aptasia with AptasiaX. Including I used to have a huge problem with hitch hiker star fish. Hence why two of my corals did not make it. The star fish kept eating them. I ended up buying two harlequin shrimp which help a lot. But somehow something in our tank ate them both. So there are very few hitch hikers left. Just patiently slowly trying to kill all the aptasia in my tank.

But that's a little about my fish tank. I will be posting more, since I have a couple questions about live rocks and aptasia and such. Ill post a picture of my tank that I took months ago. Will post a new picture today once I am home. :D

(This picture was taken maybe 5 months ago. Two of the corals are no more. The beautiful green one in the center of the tank. Then the coral in front of my long black star fish on the back of the tank. Gave the star fish back to V.I Pets due to the Harlequin shrimps.)

tank.jpg

OP
OP
lilkiwi930

lilkiwi930

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R.

How do you manage any aggression issues with having a Foxface and a Tang in a 32g?

Don't chocolate chip starfish eat coral? Is chocolate starfish something different? I might be wrong.

So I had my Kole Tang way before getting my Fox Face. The Kole Tang and my Damsel would constantly fight over there territorial areas in the tank. But I needed the foxface fish because I had green bubble algae. So I spoke with someone at the professional store and recommended the fox face. (Which he worked wonders and all solved). But once I put him in the tank there was no more aggression in the tank. I believed he claimed himself as "King" and keeps the fights at bay. So no aggression what so ever.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 34 44.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 19 24.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 22 28.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.6%
Back