Discussion in 'Middle Tennessee Reef Club' started by Smashville, Mar 10, 2015.

1. schooleyosis

schooleyosis Well-Known Member MTRCMember

GEO makes really good ones from what I've been told, but I have a local company building me one. I've been told the key to a successful Rx is the regulator/solenoid. I went with this one which is supposed to be the best you can get.

CarbonDoser Electronic Co2 Regulator

I'll be using Reborn as the media and plan to get my tank from Air Gas in Murfreesboro.

2. bknapp

bknapp Has been left unattended MTRCMember

That. ^

I've got a Geo coming and will be using the same media and regulator, however I may add Brightwell's NeoMag to help supplement in magnesium.

I'm going to look into Welding Supply in downtown, kind of hope I can get them to deliver it to my work.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2015
  3. schooleyosis

I'll be using NeoMag as well...

4. iiluisii

iiluisii Well-Known Member MTRCMember

Why not use ARMS course media it already has extra mag

5. schooleyosis

My mentors suggested Reborn w/ NeoMag and they have beautiful, thriving reefs.

6. iiluisii

iiluisii Well-Known Member MTRCMember

Aahh got it. Most totm in reef keeping magazine I seen use ARM. But us like 2 part is all preferences. Some people use BRS some use ESV and now some use ME Corals me on the other hand I'm thinking on starting balling classic method

7. Smashville

Smashville Well-Known Member MTRCMember

After well over a year of buying my 180g tank from Aquatic Critter I've finally started my reef build. Due to being out of the hobby for over 20 years I wanted to take my time researching before taking the plunge. Here is a list of what I've started with. The tank is a standard non reef Marineland, Coastal Aquarium Design stand and canopy, Synergy ghost overflow, Synergy CL-44 sump, Simplicity 3200 DC return pump, Marco rock, Tunze Osmolator, Neptune Systems Apex, SRO INT 3000, ATI 6 x 60"and BRS - RODI. I have an 8 x 12 closet that will be converted into a fish room. Next step is to get the utility sink, RODI and mixing station installed. Here is the link to my build. https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/scotts-180g-build.305640/#post-3762247

TritonsGarden likes this.
  8. Tennsquire

Tennsquire Well-Known Member MTRCMember

Great build thread! I'm in Mt. Juliet as well. Let me know if you ever need any help. I travel for work a bit, but would be happy to help out if needed. We're right down the street from Oceanside Aquariums....

Smashville likes this.