New member

welcome40.gif
 
I'm from central Iowa and I've had a biocube 32 since May 2019. I previously had a 90G reef tank that I got rid of a few years ago so I have some experience. For about 2 months starting in July my tank was largely ignored with few WC, my chaeto died/disintegrated and I got what I deserved..a large GHA outbreak. I began working to fix this at the beginning of October by keeping up with 15% WC's every 2 weeks, added chemipure and phosguard. I also started using Vibrant 2x week along with manually removing GHA. It looks a lot better, however, I cannot get my phosphates under 0.1 (even with phosguard) and the GHA (or whatever it is) appears to be holding steady now. I suspect that my tank is feeding off of the chaeto that disintegrated. Other than keeping up with WC's, etc. is there anything else anyone can suggest I do to lower the phosphates? Fish and corals seem to be fine. Thanks.
 

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 4 20.0%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 15.0%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 1 5.0%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 6 30.0%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 4 20.0%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 1 5.0%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 1 5.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new