wcreef21

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R
ZomboMeme 01032021144715.jpg
Okay, those teeth are still intimidating. I not swimming in the ocean. lol!

Fish Think Pink

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all,

I'm a new member to R2R. I started reefing in February 2021 preparation, setup, and cycle time. I started adding livestock in mid March.
I've mainly maintained fresh water tanks in my young adult life. Mostly Cichlids along with some of the rare and beautiful catfish from these lakes. I got to a point where I was breeding Brichardi and selling them to fund my hobby. I kind of slowed down as the kids grew older. I've been in the Tech. industry for ~26 yrs. as an IC layout Designer. Have been commuting from Hollister to San Jose for approx. 24 yrs. May 2020 I was diagnosed with a serious medical condition. Since then I've been on permanent disability. After busy for so many years it was hard getting used to being at home all day especially with covid. Wifey was thrilled for me to be home. I was got bored fast.

So Christmas 2020 my young adult children bought me a used 50 gal. plexiglass aquarium. I figured, cool now I have for all the time to pay attention to the live stock I buy. I've always mentioned to my family that I have never started a salt water tank nor had the time for it. Not to mention the $$$ for this kind of set up. From Dec. to early Feb. 20201 I've been looking online and asking LFS about what's needed to get started. So many different opinions and options. I also joined a local reefer forum to help with all the other questions that I have about the hobby.

My tanks has been running close to 5 months now. Made a few mistakes along the way, but nothing major to cause me to give up on the hobby (knock on wood). So far I'm loving it and addicted to the varieties of beautiful coral.
Welcome!

Sounds like you have BBA - Bounce Back Ability which is so great both for this hobby and for life. Just keep pushing thru is an attitude that works for both. Glad you joined

Clo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
welcome.png

No photos? :(
And being an active member of your local community will put you in contact with a lot of great resources!

OP
OP
wcreef21

wcreef21

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
welcome.png

No photos? :(
And being an active member of your local community will put you in contact with a lot of great resources!
Will add photos soon. Still shy because after seeing all the nice tanks out there. I'll be adding a brief journal soon and will add pics. Just curious, what is everyone using to take great pictures of their corals?

Clo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Will add photos soon. Still shy because after seeing all the nice tanks out there. I'll be adding a brief journal soon and will add pics. Just curious, what is everyone using to take great pictures of their corals?
I only use my iphone and an orange lens lol.
I do have a DSLR but the macro lens I have is not high enough for some of the shots I want to take.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Welcome to your new home for saltwater reef aquarium resources and fun! Welcome to the family! :D
welcome-home-logo-greeting-png.1484246

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 49 84.5%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 4 6.9%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 2 3.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 5.2%
Back