OP
OP
Logical_Plan

Logical_Plan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, now let's get you your first banner....the build thread banner. Simply follow there instructions:

1. Click here to edit the link in your profile: https://www.reef2reef.com/account/account-details
2. Add the URL (link) of your build thread to your R2R Tank thread Link.
3. Save it, and BOOM you have the build thread contributor badge!
Thanks! I have a banner! So cool! Now I have to fill in the rest of my profile. Appreciate the tip!

OP
OP
Logical_Plan

Logical_Plan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome from Rib Mountain, WI!

What a stellar tank to start with. Someday I hope to do a similar massive set up. For now I will stick to getting my 125gal going.
Thank you! It is quickly becoming a lifestyle adjustment for our family. A fun one for sure. I keep thinking about scaling back, but a bit more time, effort and money now and we have so much opportunity down the road. When I finally pick something I tend to go all-in for the long term. I hope your 125 goes well, that sounds like a nice size to make a beautiful display!

Fish Think Pink

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone!

Glad to be here. After nearly a half a lifetime of wanting to keep marine fish my family is taking the plunge!

We are in the early stages of our build, after about two months of planning. Looking forward to the learning experience.

R2R has been great so far as a resource, we also have watched a ton of BRSTV including the entire 52 weeks of reefing. Will be interesting to see how that helps us succeed and fail along the way. We are now also watching other channels like reef builders and several others to keep moving forward with our plan and implementation.

Going to put up my build in the build thread if anyone wants to follow along! It is 240 gallons of display with a 75 gallon sump. It is super ambitious for a new reefer, but I am sure we will be able to go slowly and grow into it.

Nice to meet everyone.

Eric

Hi Eric and Welcome!

This is a great hobby for the entire family. Sounds like you have a good approach and CONGRATS on already having Build Thread!

While this hobby sometimes tests our BBA - Bounce Back Ability - despite our best efforts, its a good life skill so when things get a little rocky (notice I don't say IF ... it can be a tough hobby starting out), just hang in there. You've laid a strong foundation already so fingers crossed it goes smooth for you and your family!

This is a good online reference book type article I still review:

'Start where you are, use what you have, do what you can" - Arthur Ashe, tennis player

JXNATC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone!

Glad to be here. After nearly a half a lifetime of wanting to keep marine fish my family is taking the plunge!

We are in the early stages of our build, after about two months of planning. Looking forward to the learning experience.

R2R has been great so far as a resource, we also have watched a ton of BRSTV including the entire 52 weeks of reefing. Will be interesting to see how that helps us succeed and fail along the way. We are now also watching other channels like reef builders and several others to keep moving forward with our plan and implementation.

Going to put up my build in the build thread if anyone wants to follow along! It is 240 gallons of display with a 75 gallon sump. It is super ambitious for a new reefer, but I am sure we will be able to go slowly and grow into it.

Nice to meet everyone.

Eric
Sounds like a system similar to the one I'm starting. I'll follow!

Attachments

• 70433.png
    70433.png
    57 KB · Views: 19

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 20 48.8%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 8 19.5%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 12 29.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 2.4%
Back