New Mitras LX7206's installed over my 500 gallon reef!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

slief

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I finally got my Mitras LX7206's are installed!! The install went very smooth thanks to good planning. We filmed the entire install and even dedicated an entire part of the episode to software setup and basic programming. The install will be featured in an episode of LA Fish Guys Tech Talk and should serve as a good step by step video for setting up the Mitras.

I still have work to do on the lighting project (programming) as I am starting with minimal intensity in order to acclimate my corals slowly to the new lighting. I dropped the intensity on my Kessils some and will take my time with the adjustments so as to acclimate the tank to the new lights and wean it off the Kessils. I have to say that the color of the corals under the Mitras is absolutely stunning! After setting them up yesterday. I shut the original lights off and played around with the project in the lighting composer just to get an idea of what things will look like once I am done with the acclimation process and eliminate the Kessils. Boy do these not disappoint. Given my experience with the Mitras on my other tanks, I knew what to expect but seeing the tank under the new lights is still shocking. The colors of the corals and even the fish makes it look like a new tank.

Here are some pictures of the install. I need to take some pictures of the tank under the lights as well but after the install, I was just to friend to take more pictures. There are 6 of the LX7206's over my 4' x 8' x 2' tall tank and with the Mitras alone, the coverage is pretty impressive.
IMG_4466_zpsmvcy3xgn.jpg

IMG_4461_zps1nwjx9uq.jpg

IMG_4443_zpsss6xt1m6.jpg

IMG_4465_zps1jcefkpc.jpg

IMG_4462_zpsjolhwncj.jpg

IMG_4460_zpsl8bhnxyp.jpg

IMG_4458_zpsj8a5qv8a.jpg

DSC00309_zpscavd71i8.jpg

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Very cool lights and nice install!

OP
OP
slief

slief

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's been a while since I installed the Mitras LX7's over my tank and I absolutely love them. My corals are doing better than ever and have colors like I've never seen before!

We did an LA Fish Guys video series on my Mitras LX7 install. It covers setting them up for my light rack as well as setting up the Wifi network connection basic programming. It's 3 parts. This was shot early this year and just now released to YouTube.
Part 1 discuses the Mitras LX7's and prepping them for my light rack.

Part 2 covers installing them on my light rack.

Part 3 covers basic setup and programming.

HolisticBear

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@slief thank you for sharing the videos. I have a Mitras and Profilux in the mail after a great chat with @Vinny@GHLUSA at NY RAP. If you're dialed in your project settings, would you be willing to share your project file?

OP
OP
slief

slief

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@slief thank you for sharing the videos. I have a Mitras and Profilux in the mail after a great chat with @Vinny@GHLUSA at NY RAP. If you're dialed in your project settings, would you be willing to share your project file?

I am still tinkering a bit. I could probably use a couple more lights and as such, I still have the Kessils over my tank to help with coverage as I didn't want to have to raise my lights too high and increase the intensity to compensate. That said, I start my ramp around 21,000k using the kelvin slider in GCC. I also end the ramp there when the lights go off. I peak for 4 hours out of the 12 hour photo period at around 16,500k. With a max intensity of about 75% at peak.

OP
OP
slief

slief

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Had a fun Sunday at my friend LA Fish Guy Jim's house. After seeing my tanks under the Mitras, he opted for LX7's over his new 60"x30" frag tank. I had some extras extrusions at my house from my light rack so we hung that above his tank using steel wire light suspension kits he had on hand and we mounted the Mitras to that using the same Mitras Articulating Mounts that I use over my tank along with some light rack clamps designed for those articulation mounts. It made hanging the Mitras and angling them to eliminate shadowing and eliminate light bleed onto the viewing panes simple and quick. He's really happy with the lights and will probably be spending a fortune on frags next week when he goes to the wholesaler. Marco happened to be in town this weekend and tagged along with me to Jims house. The install was filmed for a future LA Fish Guys episode. We also covered the programming including setting up and using project files.

IMG_5828_zpsvcbxfyyl.jpg

IMG_5826_zpsahaldl0m.jpg
IMG_5821_zpshukqfpbt.jpg

Back