New Morph... thoughts?

BBoley24

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Regular eagle eyes and then bam... these guys show up...

IMAG0297.jpg

Picture taken with my cell phone sorry for the distortion!

Steven R

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
sweet a few of mine morphed out to but they are not eagle eyes.

turbo21

Fenchies and Fish Oh My
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Brett,
just wondering if those eagle eyes were closed up at any time recently i have had some get the skirt color staining the disc sometimes after closing for a few hours or a day or so. But they do look pretty cool

bob

OP
OP
BBoley24

BBoley24

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Nope. They've been in the same place for about 3 months now since I moved into my new apartment. Their offspring is random now.

Pkunk35

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hah, thats cool, i've seen acans morph but not zoas. What's your lighting and placement like?

Would also be interesting to break one morph away and see if the random offspring continue.

OP
OP
BBoley24

BBoley24

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I was just thinking of doing that... let me get a far away picture...

They are in the bottom left... im using all LEDs

IMAG0303.jpg

OP
OP
BBoley24

BBoley24

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Hey Bob... those are the new frags on the top of my rock tanning! Took 4 days for the sticky punch to open up. Blue hornets still haven't show its green and my purple rains dont have the pink ring either :( Im sure they just need to get used to the rays...

tampasnooker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Brett,
just wondering if those eagle eyes were closed up at any time recently i have had some get the skirt color staining the disc sometimes after closing for a few hours or a day or so. But they do look pretty cool

bob

That's an interesting thought. I was thinking whammin watermelons which are more red than orange and more green than yellow compared to eagle eyes, but maybe it's the photos. I see them develop a temporary green splash in the center when they are freshly imported. I had a bunch of fruitloops come in with orange centers. After a month, they reverted to normal blue center. Interesting that they can transfer color within a polyp from being closed up.

turbo21

Fenchies and Fish Oh My
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Bob... those are the new frags on the top of my rock tanning! Took 4 days for the sticky punch to open up. Blue hornets still haven't show its green and my purple rains dont have the pink ring either :( Im sure they just need to get used to the rays...

the ring on the purple rains will come remember that your lights are a little stronger than my setup:wink:

turbo21

Fenchies and Fish Oh My
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's an interesting thought. I was thinking whammin watermelons which are more red than orange and more green than yellow compared to eagle eyes, but maybe it's the photos. I see them develop a temporary green splash in the center when they are freshly imported. I had a bunch of fruitloops come in with orange centers. After a month, they reverted to normal blue center. Interesting that they can transfer color within a polyp from being closed up.

i have seen the color transfer on quite a few different polyps before. i have had a colony of jokers for about 2 years and every once in a while there will be a green splatter in the center from color transfer off of the skirt. I cant remember what palys they were, but i noticed when fragging the one day that i had some of the skirt color actually on my finger tips. it really showed up under my blue leds

bob

OP
OP
BBoley24

BBoley24

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Wow. That is wicked! I will keep this updated... I am moving to another apartment at the end of the month. Maybe they will revert then.

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 48 42.9%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 57 50.9%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 7 6.3%
Back