New MP40 not connecting to tank

Pufferlover95

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I purchased two brand new MP40s and I’m trying to connect them in the app to the tank. I added one no issue and as I’m going to add the second one it’s now giving me problems with Bluetooth.
IMG_1372.png

Considering I’m trying to do this back to back with the first one and I haven’t done anything different, what is happening? How can I fix this?

OP
OP
P

Pufferlover95

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What was the fix? Just curious and the fix posted may help others searching for a fix for the same issue.
Well, it wasn’t really a “fix”, but apparently you cannot use the app without a connected device. After setting up the first pump, I disconnected it and tried setting up the second. It couldn’t find the tank I set up or connect until I plugged the first one back in. Then it “found” my tank again and the second connected right away.

It’s dumb, can’t even see your tank that you set up without something actively plugged in.

Upvote 0

exnisstech

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, it wasn’t really a “fix”, but apparently you cannot use the app without a connected device. After setting up the first pump, I disconnected it and tried setting up the second. It couldn’t find the tank I set up or connect until I plugged the first one back in. Then it “found” my tank again and the second connected right away.

It’s dumb, can’t even see your tank that you set up without something actively plugged in.
Sounds like a mobius issue. Mobius can be quirky. I don't care for it but all my ecotech devices are older so I'm not forced to use it. Thanks for replying

Upvote 0

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 59 73.8%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 10 12.5%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 6 7.5%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 2.5%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 2.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.3%
Back