New MP40 problems

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Pennywise the Clown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My new MP40 was bought and installed yesterday. Later in the day, whilst in work, I got a call from my daughter that the pump was making a load noise and she took a short video before switching the pump off.

I checked everything and all seemed okay so the pump was switched on again this morning. It has run fine for 12 hours and then it started to make a noise again and I noticed that the wet side was slowly rotating. I have the correct spacer for my 10mm glass.
Any ideas?

reef lover

It's a reef thing....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do u have the dry side adhesive secure?
Something is sliding for some reason...

AC1211

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would take it off and re set it up and also scrape the glass on the wet side real quick just to be safe.

OP
OP
Pennywise the Clown

Pennywise the Clown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is this not the same video from several weeks ago saying my MP-40 is going in reverse?
This pump is clearly pulling water towards itself.
Yeah, thread was resurrected.
Whatever the issue was seems to have sorted itself out. I haven't had any issues for 3 weeks (touches wood)

gotmesalty77

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My new MP40 was bought and installed yesterday. Later in the day, whilst in work, I got a call from my daughter that the pump was making a load noise and she took a short video before switching the pump off.

I checked everything and all seemed okay so the pump was switched on again this morning. It has run fine for 12 hours and then it started to make a noise again and I noticed that the wet side was slowly rotating. I have the correct spacer for my 10mm glass.
Any ideas?

So ive got one that was made last spring and recently after coming out of feed mode it makes a funny clunk and and then the dryside falls off. Working with ecotech now to see whats up. They have been very measured with me so far.

OP
OP
Pennywise the Clown

Pennywise the Clown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So ive got one that was made last spring and recently after coming out of feed mode it makes a funny clunk and and then the dryside falls off. Working with ecotech now to see whats up. They have been very measured with me so far.
I've recently seen a video on YT where exactly the same thing was happening.
I think Ecotech said that it was the sudden surge from feed mode back up to full speed that was the issue.
Maybe up your feed mode speed a bit?

gotmesalty77

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've recently seen a video on YT where exactly the same thing was happening.
I think Ecotech said that it was the sudden surge from feed mode back up to full speed that was the issue.
Maybe up your feed mode speed a bit?
Really I didn't see the video at all but I'm scared to put it back on. You have the link?

OP
OP
Pennywise the Clown

Pennywise the Clown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Really I didn't see the video at all but I'm scared to put it back on. You have the link?
I'll try and find it but it was a random vid that I found whilst searching through YT.
You can actually see his MP40 slide down the glass in the background as he talks on camera.

gotmesalty77

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I cant wait to hear why ecotech isnt at fault and i need to pay x amount of dollars to fix it. They could care less that i have been a die hard loyal fan since '12 i just want my very expensive pump to work properly.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.6%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 23.7%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.4%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back