Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ll tell you a little about the process:
I have a hydra filter.
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

I had 2 clownfish, then I introduced a damselfish and everything was fine.
Then introduced a small gramma but the damsel attacked him and killed him.
I took the damselfish out, and the next day my black clownfish woke up with a white spot (ich)
He died, and I took medication for the ich…
The others were fine, but suddenly, they died in the next 4 days.
After I waited about two weeks, I put in a cardinal fish and a gramma. and everything went well for 3 days, the next day Granma woke up dead. and the cardinal 3 days later
I don’t know what’s going on, I bought live rock, and added bacteria “stability”. But now, I don’t have any fish. The only one that still alive is lismata

coralboi56

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ll tell you a little about the process:
I have a hydra filter.
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

I had 2 clownfish, then I introduced a damselfish and everything was fine.
Then introduced a small gramma but the damsel attacked him and killed him.
I took the damselfish out, and the next day my black clownfish woke up with a white spot (ich)
He died, and I took medication for the ich…
The others were fine, but suddenly, they died in the next 4 days.
After I waited about two weeks, I put in a cardinal fish and a gramma. and everything went well for 3 days, the next day Granma woke up dead. and the cardinal 3 days later
I don’t know what’s going on, I bought live rock, and added bacteria “stability”. But now, I don’t have any fish. The only one that still alive is lismata
How long has the tank been set up

Mr. Mojo Rising

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The tank is looking rather small, what size is that? A Damsel will claim a 20 gallon tank to themselves.

There are also no hiding spots, no where for a fish to hide out for a few minutes. The tank looks very nice for us to look at, but not always the best for our small fishes that are normally prey fishes and hide by nature. Gramma especially likes to hide in caves all day.

Nano_Man

Anemone L
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As above have said how old is your tank and how did you cycle it with
Just more information helps members help you

OP
OP
M

marcos reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As above have said how old is your tank and how did you cycle it with
Just more information helps members help you
My tank is about 2 months and 2 weeks. The problema i do not cycle, I just wait 2
weeks, and I put 2 fish the first time. It is assumed that with the filter I have (hydra) you can put fish in faster. but after they died, after a week I began to put in live rock, and stability (bacteria). and I've been like this for 3 weeks.

OP
OP
M

marcos reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The tank is looking rather small, what size is that? A Damsel will claim a 20 gallon tank to themselves.

There are also no hiding spots, no where for a fish to hide out for a few minutes. The tank looks very nice for us to look at, but not always the best for our small fishes that are normally prey fishes and hide by nature. Gramma especially likes to hide in caves all day.
Yes, when i had the gramma he hides in a space under the rock. and went out to eat. I understand the point, but then why did they die again if there were only 2 fish in the end? the gramma and the cardinal, one day the gramma died, and the cardinal three days later

Mr. Mojo Rising

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Honestly the tank is overstocked, and you shouldn't add any more fish. The tank is too small for 2 clowns, and like I mentioned, a damsel will claim a 20 gallon tank to itself and will kill any fish that comes in its territory.

I suspect the damsel killed the fish, or they died of stress or disease. This size tank should have one small goby as a fish and thats it, the other fish you are trying to add all need larger than 15 gallons each.

OP
OP
M

marcos reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Honestly the tank is overstocked, and you shouldn't add any more fish. The tank is too small for 2 clowns, and like I mentioned, a damsel will claim a 20 gallon tank to itself and will kill any fish that comes in its territory.

I suspect the damsel killed the fish, or they died of stress or disease. This size tank should have one small goby as a fish and thats it, the other fish you are trying to add all need larger than 15 gallons each.

yes you're right. But as soon as the damsel killed the little gramma, I took her out and returned her to the store. After that was when the clownfish died.
After 2 weeks, I put in a small gramma and a cardinal. There were only those two, and everything was perfect, eating well and behaving well. and suddenly on the fourth day, the gramma wakes up dead below. Yes, I completely understand the space thing with the damsel, but after that I don't know why my fish kept dying

Mr. Mojo Rising

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yes you're right. But as soon as the damsel killed the little gramma, I took her out and returned her to the store. After that was when the clownfish died.
After 2 weeks, I put in a small gramma and a cardinal. There were only those two, and everything was perfect, eating well and behaving well. and suddenly on the fourth day, the gramma wakes up dead below. Yes, I completely understand the space thing with the damsel, but after that I don't know why my fish kept dying
Again the tank is too small for the kind of fish you have and it is stressful to the fish. Google "what size tank for a pair of clownfish"

In addition, that filter is not adequate to support the bioload of 3 fish. There is also no water movement so might also be a low oxygen situation.

Nano_Man

Anemone L
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All fish have a tank size requirement
Damsels are very aggressive when settled in if you put three fish in that size tank they have no way too get away from each other stress brings on illnesses what I would do is a bigger tank or first of all make sure your tank is fully cycled. Then add one fish leave it settle for a couple of weeks try and buy peaceful fish x1
You can not rush anything in this hobby

OP
OP
M

marcos reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Again the tank is too small for the kind of fish you have and it is stressful to the fish. Google "what size tank for a pair of clownfish"

In addition, that filter is not adequate to support the bioload of 3 fish. There is also no water movement so might also be a low oxygen situation.
I understand, thank you so much.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 83 56.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.8%
Back