OP
Ben's Pico Reefing

Ben's Pico Reefing

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just did 100 percent water change today. A bit earlier than planned but bottom was dirty and tank a bit cloudy. I expect a bit more cloudyness in a day or 2. I ordered the filter socks and conversion kit to help with the debree floating and protect the pump.
1000002454.jpg

Calmwaters

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just did 100 percent water change today. A bit earlier than planned but bottom was dirty and tank a bit cloudy. I expect a bit more cloudyness in a day or 2. I ordered the filter socks and conversion kit to help with the debree floating and protect the pump.
1000002454.jpg
What is the name of that coral?

OP
OP
Ben's Pico Reefing

Ben's Pico Reefing

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
whats the display dimension on these? been eyeing one out for a while now
The display is 11 3/8 inches long by 8 inches inside display. This is from inside the glass. Hieght available where water line will be give or take 10 and half inches. You can fill display fully but dont recomend. But this gives you full dimensions to work with.

OP
OP
Ben's Pico Reefing

Ben's Pico Reefing

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So the tank has had some issues already. I did not receive the connector for the static flow and the pump outflow pipe. The pump is USB. The plug that the wall charger plug hads died and I have had to already replace. I was already working with customer service for the connector. We shall see what happens.

Calmwaters

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So the tank has had some issues already. I did not receive the connector for the static flow and the pump outflow pipe. The pump is USB. The plug that the wall charger plug hads died and I have had to already replace. I was already working with customer service for the connector. We shall see what happens.
I hope they fix the issue for you and don't give you a hard time about it.

OP
OP
Ben's Pico Reefing

Ben's Pico Reefing

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hope that works out! Was wondering if you're considering getting on the Tenecor DIY pico dropping soon?
With my dogs knee surgery in a few weeks and health, just getting this build is exhausting me in multiple ways. I am also not a fan of acrylic. But to test out a prototype if I had the ability I would.

OP
OP
Ben's Pico Reefing

Ben's Pico Reefing

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tank is doing well. Looks like I may not get the coral this week but possibly next. So hard not to buy random coral and stick to the plan.

Buceplants has already sent me tracking for the missing piece and charger replacement. Customer service has been great.

OP
OP
Ben's Pico Reefing

Ben's Pico Reefing

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So elegance is a bit unhappy today. Temp dropped over past couple days at night. I never worried about temp as my small tanks never dropped below 73 ish. Today my tank was at 68ish. Coral was retracted a bit. I turned on heater finally but to small to keep up but should keep close to 75. I have ordered an ink bird with Eheim Thermocontrol e50. Should be happy once water warms up and readjusts.
1000002510.jpg

1000002509.jpg

OP
OP
Ben's Pico Reefing

Ben's Pico Reefing

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So last night I ordered an @INKBIRD_official temp controller and a Eheim heater that should fit. The delivery date is for tomorrow so my current little heater will have to keep on trying. My plan may be now to get a second bucket. When I drain to put corals in there with tank water and when I fill, allow heater to warm up the water to temp then place. I have never used a heater far as I can remember.
1000002513.jpg

1000002515.jpg

Last edited:

lil sumpin

Digital Sponge
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
So last night I ordered an @INKBIRD_official temp controller and a Eheim heater that should fit. The delivery date is for tomorrow so my current little heater will have to keep on trying. My plan may be now to get a second bucket. When I drain to put corals in there with tank water and when I fill, allow heater to warm up the water to temp then place. I have never used a heater far as I can remember.
1000002513.jpg

1000002515.jpg

I have an inkbird on hand too for when I set up my pico jar. The temp fluctuation is one of my bigger concerns in maintaining it. My ambient room temp is usually 70-72F in the fall, winter and spring but summer time it’s anywhere from 76-86F. I think I’ll probably end up using a mini desk fan to keep it cool more so than needing a heater

OP
OP
Ben's Pico Reefing

Ben's Pico Reefing

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have an inkbird on hand too for when I set up my pico jar. The temp fluctuation is one of my bigger concerns in maintaining it. My ambient room temp is usually 70-72F in the fall, winter and spring but summer time it’s anywhere from 76-86F. I think I’ll probably end up using a mini desk fan to keep it cool more so than needing a heater
My little jar in our office/craft room would stay pretty warm and consistent. Never worried and the lid also helped being fairly snug. Now being temporarily out in living room, temp is dropping. This is a new issue for me lol.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 83 56.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.8%
Back