New Nano Reefer

Kyle_E

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 29, 2022
Messages
3
Reaction score
23
Location
Quincy, MA
What state or country do you live in
Massachusetts
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello!

I am a new reefer starting a 29-gallon saltwater tank. (I’m currently at Day 3 since finalizing the rockscape, completing the initial tank fill, and starting to cycle.) @Dryan piqued my interest in the hobby by starting a larger one with his wife earlier this year, and I’ve enjoyed my many hours chatting with them and exploring the hobby’s potential.

I’ve always been fascinated by fish tanks, and I remember with special fondness the big one in my former pediatrician's office. I’ve thought for a while that I may eventually start one if I could ever build up enough momentum, create a decent space for an aquarium, and acquire a critical mass of know-how / support. I most recently realized that the most interesting ones I’ve encountered have likely been almost exclusively saltwater.

I’m also excited by my recently new exposure to the world of corals and the synergistic tank ecosystem. There also seems to be fun aspects involving chemistry, responsibility for cause-and-effect, and planning. The science component may wind up being one of my favorites as I miss the better parts of high school chem class quite a bit.

Looking forward to seeing how many mistakes I can avoid or mitigate versus make in pursuing this new adventure. Can’t wait to add a couple clowns, a goby, a blenny, maybe a few other creatures, and as many corals as will fit!
 
Welcome to Reef2Reef!!!

Clownfish.gif
 
Exciting journey so far. Hello Kyle and welcome to R2R!! :)
 

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 50.0%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 3 50.0%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new