New Nano Reefer

Kyle_E

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello!

I am a new reefer starting a 29-gallon saltwater tank. (I’m currently at Day 3 since finalizing the rockscape, completing the initial tank fill, and starting to cycle.) @Dryan piqued my interest in the hobby by starting a larger one with his wife earlier this year, and I’ve enjoyed my many hours chatting with them and exploring the hobby’s potential.

I’ve always been fascinated by fish tanks, and I remember with special fondness the big one in my former pediatrician's office. I’ve thought for a while that I may eventually start one if I could ever build up enough momentum, create a decent space for an aquarium, and acquire a critical mass of know-how / support. I most recently realized that the most interesting ones I’ve encountered have likely been almost exclusively saltwater.

I’m also excited by my recently new exposure to the world of corals and the synergistic tank ecosystem. There also seems to be fun aspects involving chemistry, responsibility for cause-and-effect, and planning. The science component may wind up being one of my favorites as I miss the better parts of high school chem class quite a bit.

Looking forward to seeing how many mistakes I can avoid or mitigate versus make in pursuing this new adventure. Can’t wait to add a couple clowns, a goby, a blenny, maybe a few other creatures, and as many corals as will fit!

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Welcome to Reef2Reef!!!

Clownfish.gif

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 33 30.3%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 28 25.7%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 24 22.0%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 24 22.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back