New Nano Reefer

TOMwu

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello!

I am a new reefer starting a 29-gallon saltwater tank. (I’m currently at Day 3 since finalizing the rockscape, completing the initial tank fill, and starting to cycle.) @Dryan piqued my interest in the hobby by starting a larger one with his wife earlier this year, and I’ve enjoyed my many hours chatting with them and exploring the hobby’s potential.

I’ve always been fascinated by fish tanks, and I remember with special fondness the big one in my former pediatrician's office. I’ve thought for a while that I may eventually start one if I could ever build up enough momentum, create a decent space for an aquarium, and acquire a critical mass of know-how / support. I most recently realized that the most interesting ones I’ve encountered have likely been almost exclusively saltwater.

I’m also excited by my recently new exposure to the world of corals and the synergistic tank ecosystem. There also seems to be fun aspects involving chemistry, responsibility for cause-and-effect, and planning. The science component may wind up being one of my favorites as I miss the better parts of high school chem class quite a bit.

Looking forward to seeing how many mistakes I can avoid or mitigate versus make in pursuing this new adventure. Can’t wait to add a couple clowns, a goby, a blenny, maybe a few other creatures, and as many corals as will fit!
Welcome!
G5 reef light for corals in big saltwater tank_.jpg

Fish Think Pink

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello!

I am a new reefer starting a 29-gallon saltwater tank. (I’m currently at Day 3 since finalizing the rockscape, completing the initial tank fill, and starting to cycle.) @Dryan piqued my interest in the hobby by starting a larger one with his wife earlier this year, and I’ve enjoyed my many hours chatting with them and exploring the hobby’s potential.

I’ve always been fascinated by fish tanks, and I remember with special fondness the big one in my former pediatrician's office. I’ve thought for a while that I may eventually start one if I could ever build up enough momentum, create a decent space for an aquarium, and acquire a critical mass of know-how / support. I most recently realized that the most interesting ones I’ve encountered have likely been almost exclusively saltwater.

I’m also excited by my recently new exposure to the world of corals and the synergistic tank ecosystem. There also seems to be fun aspects involving chemistry, responsibility for cause-and-effect, and planning. The science component may wind up being one of my favorites as I miss the better parts of high school chem class quite a bit.

Looking forward to seeing how many mistakes I can avoid or mitigate versus make in pursuing this new adventure. Can’t wait to add a couple clowns, a goby, a blenny, maybe a few other creatures, and as many corals as will fit!

Welcome! Glad you joined.

Have you considered starting your build thread? I found its a great place to document my tank's evolution for myself. I started tank first then joined, so I'm still finding myself going back collecting pictures & updating historically as well as current state. Once you create your first post in your thread and link it to your account, they will give you build badge (look left, under my ID)

This might help you find people local to you - this may be of special help to you since your 'as many as will fit' corals will grow and you'll need to frag (trim/fragment) and find new homes for those frag animals:

This is a good reference book type online article I still review:

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Welcome to your new home for saltwater reef aquarium resources and fun! Welcome to the family! :D
welcome-home-logo-greeting-png.1484246

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 20 8.2%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 43 17.7%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 162 66.7%
  • Neither.

Votes: 12 4.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.5%
Back