New new new

MybbleTipVanished

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all this is my first post, I'm about 7 months in on my saltwater tank and obsessed! Tankmates are A yellowTang, BlueTang, Zebra Looking tang, ClownFish, a spiked puffer, a red fish (forgot his name but he has big lips lol), and a snowflake eel...Which has surprisingly grew fast...

My question is, I have a few...but I'll just post one now. I finally got my levels right so I could add a new! I added a red bubble tip! He attached to a rock and opened up and appeared happy! The next day he was gone...I searched and searched...no luck...I figured he died! Fast forward 3 weeks! I catch a glare of orange out the corner of my eye...Look over and there he is....and had grown nearly double the size it seemed...I took some videos to send to a couple friends and called it a night....Today....He is GONE AGAIN....nowhere in sight.! Do these guys like to hide....Do they shrivel up...like what is it? If he comes out again...is it safe to move him where I can see him and close to a clown fish? Need help pls...I attached a couple videos..Thx for looking and I really hope for some Input! 16313262741017849068719661709868.jpg

Attachments

• Snapchat-1926629070.mp4
    4.3 MB
  • Snapchat-1926629070.mp4
    4.3 MB

Timfish

Crusty Old Salt
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They will inflate and deflate periodicly. Frequency depends on water and light conditions. How well it feeds is a factor too, but just a reminder, BTAs will feed autotrophicly, use dissolve organic nitrogen and phosphorus, they don't need to be directly fed fish or shrimp. It's not clear in the pictures or video what's the BTA but if it's small it could be opening up behind some of the rockwork.

Spare time

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bubble tips can shrink, get long, get bubble, get giant, and move. They are strange.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 64 39.8%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 35 21.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 56 34.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.7%
Back