New Orbit R24 light with 2 wave pumps

NewGuy8899

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all,

I wanted to see the pros and cons from anyone that has used Current USA Orbit LEDs and Wave Pumps.

I just got the new r24 led and love the Bluetooth capabilities. I just ordered 2 1050gph wave pump kit which includes the hub to connect them all together.

This is going for a 20g high and will be upgrading to a bigger tank soon, so I got the wave pumps that I would be able to move over when the time came. I will be lowering the wave pump power to about 30% while in the 20g high and see how many coral like it.

Anyone here use their wave pumps and lights together?

RicanKing

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all,

I wanted to see the pros and cons from anyone that has used Current USA Orbit LEDs and Wave Pumps.

I just got the new r24 led and love the Bluetooth capabilities. I just ordered 2 1050gph wave pump kit which includes the hub to connect them all together.

This is going for a 20g high and will be upgrading to a bigger tank soon, so I got the wave pumps that I would be able to move over when the time came. I will be lowering the wave pump power to about 30% while in the 20g high and see how many coral like it.

Anyone here use their wave pumps and lights together?
I just bought the r24 they come in on Wednesday. Any advise comments or concerns on what to expect. Are you happy with your lights ?

OP
OP
N

NewGuy8899

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just bought the r24 they come in on Wednesday. Any advise comments or concerns on what to expect. Are you happy with your lights ?
Yeah, I love the lights all of my coral love them. I have a little bit of a mixed reef and everyone opens up very well. I tested the light through a cheap LUX meter conversion I found in here and they were pretty close to what Current put out for PAR values. I love the ability of using the Bluetooth app.

Only thing I didn’t like about it is the ramp up and ramp down times. I turn off my lights as I have my tank in my room and it takes an hour and 30 minutes for it to ramp down. Once you get that down everything else is smooth sailing.

RicanKing

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you for the reply I will definitely look into this as I'm in the same boat.

nightmarepl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, I love the lights all of my coral love them. I have a little bit of a mixed reef and everyone opens up very well. I tested the light through a cheap LUX meter conversion I found in here and they were pretty close to what Current put out for PAR values. I love the ability of using the Bluetooth app.

Only thing I didn’t like about it is the ramp up and ramp down times. I turn off my lights as I have my tank in my room and it takes an hour and 30 minutes for it to ramp down. Once you get that down everything else is smooth sailing.
how the lights looking thinking on ordering the 3 pack for a 48 inch tank currently have AI prime HDs wondering if its stronger

OP
OP
N

NewGuy8899

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
how the lights looking thinking on ordering the 3 pack for a 48 inch tank currently have AI prime HDs wondering if its stronger
I’m not familiar with the AI prime but my one r24 over my 20g high is giving great growth. For my Forest Fire Montipora digitata, Porcillopora, Cotton candy torch, and Purple tip frogspawn are all showing some great growth and color.

RicanKing

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m not familiar with the AI prime but my one r24 over my 20g high is giving great growth. For my Forest Fire Montipora digitata, Porcillopora, Cotton candy torch, and Purple tip frogspawn are all showing some great growth and color.
What lights settings are you using ?

OP
OP
N

NewGuy8899

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What lights settings are you using ?
AD806274-0FD3-42FD-9C1F-9B595BA03A22.png

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 27 33.8%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 19 23.8%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 7 8.8%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 5 6.3%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 20 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.5%
Back