New panels for tank, and divider panels!

Mom.VS.Reef

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 3, 2021
Messages
86
Reaction score
77
Location
calgary
What state or country do you live in
Canada
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys I am replacing a broken panel on my sump, and also adding panels dividers. The side panel on the tank is 14 and 1/3 inches. Should I order the panels exactly to that side? Or smaller.. I’m worried it will not fit in the spot and be to tight.. but also don’t want it to big.
also for the divider panels should I use that size as well?
I’m thinking dividing it into 4 panel for filter socks, refugium, skimmer, and overflow.
What do you all think?
this is my first time so please help me do this right!

2F7529E1-892A-43E4-BD31-3D8F7A8BA7C6.jpeg B9A312AD-030D-4096-A6E5-746E45E8C561.jpeg
 
There is no "right way". I don't like dividers and would take/leave them all out if it was my sump. But if you really want a divider figure at least a 1/8" to 1/4" shorter length to avoid it being too tight as you are rightly concerned about. Just be sure to get a good bead of silicone in the joints and a good bead on the inside of the joints.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 1 5.9%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 1 5.9%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new