New planet 215g- tank base has camber gap.

stlcard

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey folks, getting back into the hobby after a few years out. Just took delivery of a 215g Planet tank. 72x24x29. Standard black trim (not rimless)

There appears to be about a 1/16“ gap between my stand plywood sheet, (no foam), and the black base trim of the tank. The gap is large enough for me to very easily slide a sheet of folded paper or two credit cards underneath the trim (between plywood and tank base)

The plywood surface is perfectly flat, checked it with a 4ft level as straight edge and framing square. Then, I scooted tank over the edge and put the straight edge under the black trim and there is a 1/16“ visible gap.

Basically the tank is going to be point loading at the corners, not evenly loaded across the entire base.

Should I make the LFS pick this up and swap it out? Anyone heard of planet intentionally putting a camber in their tank design, or this is within their tolerances?

Thoughts and Opinions welcomed. Don't want to wake up to the sound of 215 gallons hitting the floor in 2 years.

OP
OP
stlcard

stlcard

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
NVM. After posting finally found a bunch of other threads already discussing this similar issue. Just gonna stick a yoga mat under it. Lol sorry guys.

@Mods, feel free to delete thread.

Back