New potters angel

Biff0rz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Received this guy from @tsmaquatics! Beautiful specimen. Now just praying he ignores corals :)

Great experience ordering from tsm btw, highly recommend.

PXL_20210223_185057676.jpg

hds4216

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very nice. With the Hawaii ban, I bet the price has skyrocketed. Take good care of him!

P-Dub

The ocean is open to all, merciful to none.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
She is a beauty! Here's hoping your corals arent a buffet line. Keep it trained on prepared foods and keep well fed and hopefully....

OP
OP
B

Biff0rz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Very nice. With the Hawaii ban, I bet the price has skyrocketed. Take good care of him!
Prices have increased a lot but none of us stay in this hobby thinking it's cheap lol. I've saved a bit on other things, splurged on things like this. It all evens out eventually.

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
None of my potters angels (I’ve had three) bothered corals. Among the better behaved of the dwarf angels. An obsessive grazer though, so make sure there’s plenty of rock for it to scrape at.

OP
OP
B

Biff0rz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
None of my potters angels (I’ve had three) bothered corals. Among the better behaved of the dwarf angels. An obsessive grazer though, so make sure there’s plenty of rock for it to scrape at.
Tons of rock full of algae, no sponge sadly. Happy to hear they are not too aggressive w corals.

jaganshi066

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tons of rock full of algae, no sponge sadly. Happy to hear they are not too aggressive w corals.
Please keep me updated, I’ve heard so many stories where healthy potters don’t make it so I’m hoping for the best! I want one so badly

OP
OP
B

Biff0rz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Please keep me updated, I’ve heard so many stories where healthy potters don’t make it so I’m hoping for the best! I want one so badly
Will do. My understanding is they don't ship well and have a hard time getting going on prepared foods. Tsm QT'd and had it eating before shipping so I'm hoping for the best!

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There’s also this long held urban myth of potters angels dying at about six months. I have not had this personal experience. Once I got mine eating and through QT I had them for years, but the myth is curious .... and maybe partly true. I used to refer to my prior one as a swimming egg, literally the fattest fish in the tank. Lost him in my last tank upgrade. Current one isn’t as fat, but now almost two years under my care.

jaganshi066

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There’s also this long held urban myth of potters angels dying at about six months. I have not had this personal experience. Once I got mine eating and through QT I had them for years, but the myth is curious .... and maybe partly true. I used to refer to my prior one as a swimming egg, literally the fattest fish in the tank. Lost him in my last tank upgrade. Current one isn’t as fat, but now almost two years under my care.
Oh wow now I want to get one, that myth (partial myth) made me afraid cause I heard of healthy one suddenly dying. Do you see any difference in care from other dwarf angels

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Like I said before, an obsessive grazer. I’m fortunate to have a bunch of that yellow sponge in my tanks and the potters is always picking at it. Flame pair do also though. The ‘secret’ is a ton of grazable rock. Mine all took a while to take frozen. Lemonpeel was the pickiest of all though.

jaganshi066

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Like I said before, an obsessive grazer. I’m fortunate to have a bunch of that yellow sponge in my tanks and the potters is always picking at it. Flame pair do also though. The ‘secret’ is a ton of grazable rock. Mine all took a while to take frozen. Lemonpeel was the pickiest of all though.
How many dwarfs in your tank :)

Marc2952

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Received this guy from @tsmaquatics! Beautiful specimen. Now just praying he ignores corals :)

Great experience ordering from tsm btw, highly recommend.

PXL_20210223_185057676.jpg
Lol im getting mines this thursday, got a potters and a leopard wrasses i will be watching him for any nipping, beautiful fish!

Tamberav

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had one but lost it when had a pump fail when it was in QT prepping for an upgrade and oxygen plummeted overnight. I had had it probably 6 months and found it was easy to care for once eating. Was very fat and I could just kick myself for losing it to something so stupid. I am lucky I didn’t lose all fish as many were gasping for air but recovered once I pulled them out.

It did not nip any corals.

I paid 75 for that fish and now they are 400 since the ban... oofta! I bet one from TSM will do great!

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How many dwarfs in your tank :)
Four - potters, lemonpeel and the flame pair. bunch of larger angels too. I'll still get an Eibli if I can find a good one.

rebels23

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My potters in the store was eating Mysis. Once I took him home and went through QT with Cupramine, he never touched Mysis again. It has been two months now and I've never seen him eat anything the other fishes eat. Won't touch Nori, Mysis, pellets, etc. He is a constant grazer so he must be eating something. Yesterday I saw him eat fish poop.

Freshwater filter only or is it? Have you ever used an HOB filter on a saltwater tank?

• I currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank.

Votes: 41 26.5%
  • I don’t currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 34 21.9%
  • I have used a HOB on fish only or quarantine tanks, but not on the display tank.

Votes: 37 23.9%
  • I have never used a HOB on a saltwater tank.

Votes: 40 25.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.9%
Back