New potters angel

jaganshi066

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My potters in the store was eating Mysis. Once I took him home and went through QT with Cupramine, he never touched Mysis again. It has been two months now and I've never seen him eat anything the other fishes eat. Won't touch Nori, Mysis, pellets, etc. He is a constant grazer so he must be eating something. Yesterday I saw him eat fish poop.
Haha, so for two months he hasn’t been eating???

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My potters in the store was eating Mysis. Once I took him home and went through QT with Cupramine, he never touched Mysis again. It has been two months now and I've never seen him eat anything the other fishes eat. Won't touch Nori, Mysis, pellets, etc. He is a constant grazer so he must be eating something. Yesterday I saw him eat fish poop.

That is fairly typical, which is why you must have a lot of grazable surfaces.

rebels23

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Haha, so for two months he hasn’t been eating???
Not that I could see. It was really stressing me out as I thought he was going to die because of it. He spent at least a month in QT and QT had nothing in it other than a HOB filter, PVC pipe and a sponge filter. There were other fish in the QT (surviving off other fish's poop?)

He is now in my display for a month and the last few days I have seen him picking up fish poop off the sand and eating that. He swallows it whole but seems to make a face like "yuck that tasted awful while going down"

Freshwater filter only or is it? Have you ever used an HOB filter on a saltwater tank?

• I currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank.

Votes: 26 28.9%
  • I don’t currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 15 16.7%
  • I have used a HOB on fish only or quarantine tanks, but not on the display tank.

Votes: 24 26.7%
  • I have never used a HOB on a saltwater tank.

Votes: 23 25.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.2%
Back