*NEW PRICES* Jebao Group Buy *Local Only*Deadline is FRIDAY*

schooleyosis

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
^ +1, but i think the new control box already has something similiar built in.

Will the "new ones" that we ordered have the 12 controllable settings versus the 6 that the original ones had? I guess if I don't need these they were only 7 bucks each. I still might use them to really ramp the pumps down if needed as I think 2 40's are going to be over-kill for my tank.

bknapp

Has been left unattended
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Guess I have the older model, I don't really know though haven't played with it much.

OP
OP
NeveSSL

NeveSSL

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all,

I will be home around 6PM today. I'm assuming the pumps will be here in my office around 2PM to 3PM, but I'll post in this thread as soon as they do. If you'd like to pick them up here at my office, you are welcome to do so. I can easily just meet you out in the parking lot. If you would like to meet me at my house, shoot me a PM and I'll send you my address.

Thanks,

Brandon

OP
OP
NeveSSL

NeveSSL

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Will the "new ones" that we ordered have the 12 controllable settings versus the 6 that the original ones had? I guess if I don't need these they were only 7 bucks each. I still might use them to really ramp the pumps down if needed as I think 2 40's are going to be over-kill for my tank.

Yes, our pumps will be the newer models. However, there's no way to control else mode with the new settings, so people are still using the power adapters.

There's an even better way to control the max flow of the pumps by putting a potentiometer in and wiring it into the controller, but this involves modding the controller case and what not.

Brandon

schooleyosis

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, I've seen that mod where you need to open the box and add the ethernet cable. I don't have the port on my Apex as I have the Lite version so that would mean buying the module as well. Adding the power adaptor will be my cheap way out to tame the beasts for now.

Thanks for the info.

OP
OP
NeveSSL

NeveSSL

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This mod you open the box and add a pot and it maintains the maximum voltage through the control circuit, I think. Kinda neat. Either way should work, though.

Brandon

Wildman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This mod you open the box and add a pot and it maintains the maximum voltage through the control circuit, I think. Kinda neat. Either way should work, though.

Brandon
Do you have a link to this mod? I read through a bunch of pages on the link a couple posts later and could not find this one. I want to just reduce power not connect to a controller. I put two 25's in a 75gal and can only run them on the H3 setting and keep any sand on the bottom. I want to run them on else mode just less power.

Last edited:

Wildman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ah excellent thanks. After reading more I am confused. What is the benifit of reducing the speed this way if it is still running at the full volts? I tink I would want to reduce my power consumption as well if I need to reduce flow.

OP
OP
NeveSSL

NeveSSL

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome!

Everyone, please let me know when you want to pickup. :) I may be out of town for about 8 days starting on Wednesday after noon.

Brandon

schooleyosis

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I do have to say that the 40's on S3/W1 mode are not too much for the 120. S1/Else mode is a completely different story. Lol

Happy with the purchase so far.

schooleyosis

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I believe its technically an RJ12 (6 conductor), but I'll double check. I may have to wait until the pumps are in and I can test before I can get quotes, but I'm thinking around $20 per cable.

Thanks,

Brandon
3T Solutions

I am now interested in these cables and will be looking to get a VDM soon for my Apex to control them. I woke up to a trenched out substrate mess thanks to the "low power" night mode that created quite the mess of my substrate.

Maybe we should start a new thread for the cables???

pickupman66

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just a word on low night mode. If it is completely dark, they will revert back to standard. They need at least a little bit of light to close the circuit on the photo cell

schooleyosis

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's what I've read but mine seemed to stay in night mode with the little bit of light coming from the sump LED at night. The thing is, is that in night mode a constant flow at 50% is much stronger than W1 at 50%....

I angled the pumps towards the surface and removed the night sensor. Will just let them run 24/7 until I mod the cables to control with my Apex.

thejoshdavis

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Finally had a chance to put ONE WP25 in my 40B. HOLY CRAP this thing is intense! I'm still playing with it to figure out the best location and settings.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 19 14.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 9 6.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 21 15.7%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 75 56.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.7%
Back