New problems with blue hippo

roadrashpaul

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 17, 2013
Messages
912
Reaction score
84
Location
Portland,TN
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone have any idea what this could be? I can get better pics if need be later tonight with the good camera. I have caught him and he is now in a qt. It doesn't appear to be ich but I could be wrong. Any suggestions? They are pretty good sized and raised off his body. He does have a few white specs on him as well. He is 6-7" and eating very well still (shrimp, flake, and nori).

ry%3D480


Here he is less than a week ago. I have not changed anything.
ry%3D480
 
It is possible. I talked to a few people last night and we narrowed it down to some kind of bacterial infection. I am treating him with API Erythromycin. Gave him first dose last night and it could just be my wishful thinking but he looked better to me already this morning.
 
Right on. Hope it takes care of it.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.2%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 7.6%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 26 18.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 50 34.7%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.4%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 6.9%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.9%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 13.9%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new