New Pucks for Hyrda 52HD

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

hanas

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 2 diodes out in my 52HD, well, I should say they are only out when it's ramping up and down but ok otherwise so it's not a huge issue, but is it possible to buy replacement pucks?

I think for this unit (as well as the original 52), it comes as one piece meaning all pucks are replaced together, but is it sold anywhere?

Saintnovakai

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a similar issue with two pucks that sit side by side on my unit. I have no royal blue channel in those two pucks. I messaged AI and they told me id have to send the light back. I figured it was a simple board issue that i would have gladly paid for since when i swap the pucks around the result is the same. They insist that they do not sell parts. Thats a load of crap for those international customers who trust and invest in their brand. I live outside the US so sending it is very costly and my reef would be out of a light for waaaaay too long. Unless you send your light in, you may end up being out of luck unless someone sells you a puck. Id ask that person to sell me the board too. AI needs to do better than this.

OP
OP
H

hanas

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the feedback, was this a recent conversation with them? Meaning, they still service the units? I may go this route since I'm in the US, but certainly agree it's not fair for anyone outside of the country to have to have to deal with that inconvenience.

Saintnovakai

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the feedback, was this a recent conversation with them? Meaning, they still service the units? I may go this route since I'm in the US, but certainly agree it's not fair for anyone outside of the country to have to have to deal with that inconvenience.

Yeah. It was less than 6 months ago. You're luckier than I.

Back