New purple firefish issue

cst0215

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 17, 2026
Messages
40
Reaction score
22
What state or country do you live in
Colorado
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hope somebody can give me some advice. I just bought a purple firefish and introduced into my qt tank 2days ago. The tank was emptied and filled with new saltwater of 1.025 ppm salinity. It was swimming fine at my lfs, but in my tank he is just laying in one spot on the bare glass. Bottom next to a pvc hide. It does not seem to be breathing heavily. Is this normal behavior? Temp is around 76 degrees Fahrenheit. Thank You
 
I agree with the above. They can be very shy and I bet it’s trying to hide.
 
"The tank was emptied and filled with new saltwater"

Is the tank cycled?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 9 22.5%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 5 12.5%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 11 27.5%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 5.0%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 1 2.5%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 5.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 3 7.5%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 7 17.5%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new