New Purple Firefish moved into

  • Thread starter Thread starter Steverd
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Steverd

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 16, 2018
Messages
295
Reaction score
199
Location
Washington
What state or country do you live in
Washington
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just added a purple firefish and was surprised that he moved into one my diamond watchman goby's home.
Well actually the diamond goby has a few holes in the substrate. It's been 20 years since I had a firefish
so thought it was interesting and then I notice they are both from the Gobiidae family.
Anyways I tried to get a photo of them close together, not the best.

Firefish (19)-th.jpg
 
Just added a purple firefish and was surprised that he moved into one my diamond watchman goby's home.
Well actually the diamond goby has a few holes in the substrate. It's been 20 years since I had a firefish
so thought it was interesting and then I notice they are both from the Gobiidae family.
Anyways I tried to get a photo of them close together, not the best.

Firefish (19)-th.jpg
I brought 3 gobies home at the same time, a diamond, a YWG, and a firefish, and all 3 roomed together in the cave that the diamond dug! It was the cutest thing. But the firefish went carpet surfing a while back, and now the diamond and the YWG switch back and forth.
 
I brought 3 gobies home at the same time, a diamond, a YWG, and a firefish, and all 3 roomed together in the cave that the diamond dug! It was the cutest thing. But the firefish went carpet surfing a while back, and now the diamond and the YWG switch back and forth.

Whoa - that would be so amazing to see!
 
My Firefish just committed suicide, found him behind the tank
 
My Firefish just committed suicide, found him behind the tank

That is the one of the main reason I put a Red Sea screen topper on my tank. Well that and the Diamond Goby, I've had them jump out of other tanks more than once. Sorry for the lost.
 
Yes I do.It may have jumped when I was servicing the tank or went through my feedong holes that are 3 by 3
 
That's crazy man, I'm getting my lid swapped out. Going to change the opening gaps from a 1/4" to a 1/8" to be safe. My firefish comes in tomorrow, so I'll keep you posted!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 3 23.1%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 6 46.2%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 4 30.8%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 7 53.8%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 5 38.5%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 1 7.7%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new