Eredus

Eredus

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update:

After 24 hours in the tote, there has been no change in behavior...

Dom

Full Time Reef Keeper
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I believed that it was the tank size. But clearly, we've ruled that out by placing him in a larger "tank" and the behavior continuing. I'm satisfied the problem is neurological.

Where cyanide poisoning is concerned, is there really any way to tell? One thing I would like to know is if the supplier has any other fish exhibiting this behavior.

Swoody

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Could it be blind? This is so sad. I hate seeing fish in distress with little to be done.

Very interesting as that was my first thought upon seeing the video! His pupils seem fixed and large.....I have not read all the other posts yet but hoping for the best for OP and this beautiful fish!

OP
OP
Eredus

Eredus

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It is not doing well. I have tried MB bath, I’ve tried to hand feed it. I’m pretty upset about the fact that I’m probably going to end up culling this fish. My guess is that it hasn’t eaten for at least ten days and shows no signs of recovering. I think I’m out of options and am heartbroken that this creature was taken from the ocean to suffer this fate. I’ve not seen an ornamental fish in this kind of state ever. I am not likely to order fish online ever again. I did receive a credit for the fish, but that’s beyond the emotional issues I’m having with this right now.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 23 14.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 6.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 14.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 94 57.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 6.7%

Back