New Rainbow Pectinia

bruno3047

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just added this little cutie. I would love to see photos of any Pectinia others may have with a little commentary about placement, lighting, feeding or anything else.

E094B721-CD7F-4883-B33B-E448E85EB301.jpeg

HB AL

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That rainbow is gorgeous. I’m hoping to grow mine to be like that. Do you feed them? And if you do, what?
I can't directly feed any of my corals as my fish would cause problems (7 triggers) and Japanese Dragon Eel so all my corals get whatever they get when I feed the fish.

HB AL

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's about as long as they get now, and yes they kill, one of my favias got knocked down over it and in the morning when I moved it half the favia was eaten just overnight.

OP
OP
bruno3047

bruno3047

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I tanked my little rainbow yesterday and tonight I fed him and saw the sweepers come out. They only came out a couple inches, but I expect they’ll get longer as it gets larger. I put him in a front corner and have about 6 inches between him and my Elegance. I’ll be watching to make sure the Elegance isn’t in any danger. I’m gonna watch him until I can put them both into a larger tank. The Pectinia gets nice and puffy after it eats.

Roatan Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I tanked my little rainbow yesterday and tonight I fed him and saw the sweepers come out. They only came out a couple inches, but I expect they’ll get longer as it gets larger. I put him in a front corner and have about 6 inches between him and my Elegance. I’ll be watching to make sure the Elegance isn’t in any danger. I’m gonna watch him until I can put them both into a larger tank. The Pectinia gets nice and puffy after it eats.
1,2,3,4 I declare a Coral War!!

Back