New reactor and skimmer

  • Thread starter Thread starter esskii23
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

esskii23

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 13, 2013
Messages
19
Reaction score
0
Location
Victorville CA
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1451453033.177246.jpg


So I have the best wife and dad. For Christmas I got a new reactor from my dad and a protein skimmer from my wife. Any suggestions on the best and easiest way to tune the skimmer to properly work.
 
First is to know the water height needed for the skimmer.
Take a sharpie and make a small line on the body.
When you put it in the sump come as close as you can to your line by either raising the skimmer or lowering the skimmer dependant on the platform used.
Fire it up with the effluent valve all the way open.
As it settles down then you can adjust your body height to where you want. (Foam height)
 
Just take the collection cup lid off and tune it....I like to run mine in a container with vinager/water to clean the skimmer for 24 hours...don't expect results right away....I takes some skimmers days to break in
 
Efficiency determines break in time
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 10 45.5%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 6 27.3%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 4.5%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 4.5%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 4.5%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new