New Red Sea 425 G2

gTrezona

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just got my first saltwater aquarium after being out of the game for about 10 years. ( We bought my son a fluval flex for his bday and it got me hooked again). Got the tank home and set up today. So far we have:

3 Radion xr 15's ( missing the middle one because they were out of stock)
IMG_1014.jpg
IMG_1015.jpg
IMG_1017.jpg

40 pounds of sand
50 pounds of rock

I love the way it looks, with all the caves. Thinking of grabbing a little more rock but not sure yet.

IMG_1012.jpg

Lavey29

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What do you guys think of my cave setup? Tank is clearing up nicley after 24hrs.
IMG_1024.jpg
Scape looks good. Why did you mount the lights front to back instead of side to side? What are you doing for flow?

Congrats on the new set up.

Edit sorry I see you have 15s. I thought you got 30s.....my bad

OP
OP
gTrezona

gTrezona

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Scape looks good. Why did you mount the lights front to back instead of side to side? What are you doing for flow?

Congrats on the new set up.

Edit sorry I see you have 15s. I thought you got 30s.....my bad
Haven't bought anything for flow yet. Still doing some research and figuring out what I'm going to need. Any recommendations for this 90 gallon tank that will consist of a lot of coral?

Lavey29

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Haven't bought anything for flow yet. Still doing some research and figuring out what I'm going to need. Any recommendations for this 90 gallon tank that will consist of a lot of coral?
Well since you have radion lights like I do on my XL300 tank, I would recommend MP40s for flow and Vectra M2 for return pump. This way your lights, powerheads and pump are all on one app. I like the mobius app for ease of use and have no issues monitoring and controlling my components.

OP
OP
gTrezona

gTrezona

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well since you have radion lights like I do on my XL300 tank, I would recommend MP40s for flow and Vectra M2 for return pump. This way your lights, powerheads and pump are all on one app. I like the mobius app for ease of use and have no issues monitoring and controlling my components.
I do have the m.2 up and running already, sorry i misunderstood your previous comment. Only thing i haven't bought yet are power heads. Going to check out the mp40's, thanks.

OP
OP
gTrezona

gTrezona

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How many power heads would you recommend I run in this 90 gallon tank? Im going to go with the mp40's

Petcrazyson

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How many power heads would you recommend I run in this 90 gallon tank? Im going to go with the mp40's
So that depends on your goals. Do you want a softie tank? Lps? Sps? Mixed? The base would be 2 on each side with current intermixing with each other to provide variation.

OP
OP
gTrezona

gTrezona

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know I am being impatient, but is there anything i can add to the tank to help it cycle faster? Man its been a week of me sitting here staring at my one chromis :face-with-tears-of-joy:

Ryebreadiest

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So that depends on your goals. Do you want a softie tank? Lps? Sps? Mixed? The base would be 2 on each side with current intermixing with each other to provide variation.
I think one mp40 on each side would be plenty for an lps/softy tank. 4 seems like a lot.

leon.1980

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just got my first saltwater aquarium after being out of the game for about 10 years. ( We bought my son a fluval flex for his bday and it got me hooked again). Got the tank home and set up today. So far we have:

3 Radion xr 15's ( missing the middle one because they were out of stock)
IMG_1014.jpg
IMG_1015.jpg
IMG_1017.jpg

40 pounds of sand
50 pounds of rock

I love the way it looks, with all the caves. Thinking of grabbing a little more rock but not sure yet.

IMG_1012.jpg
How do you like the XR15’s? What kind of coral do you have? I’m thinking of changing my light. I have a single ap9x.

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 7.0%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 3.5%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 4.4%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 92 80.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 4.4%
Back