New Red Sea Max 250 Build

Warriorjp

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 6, 2016
Messages
28
Reaction score
27
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just picked up a older Red Sea Max 250. Everything works other than the T-5 Hood I was thinking about leaving it off and going LED. Any thoughts? Thanks
a3b9fc3bd212e3bf078ea9d8147a7e1c.jpg
285509f857160bde94c9993178e59abb.jpg
 
what's wrong with the hood? I'd do an LED T5 combo within the hood
 
what's wrong with the hood? I'd do an LED T5 combo within the hood
The hood is falling apart. The "tombstone" connections are corroded. Plus I heard that the biggest problem with this style tank was the heat. I was thinking leaving the hood off would help combat this issue.
 
c1d50d40071bd4727c3ed0f05b258f8c.jpg
e48dc449c9551b72af9be2e3cc86d863.jpg
1eaabe36f61581f65b5be0d5dd3ad74e.jpg


Live Rock, Sand and water added. Let they cycle begin.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.2%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 26 18.3%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 50 35.2%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 14.1%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new