New Reefer Alert!

What test do you use and what unit does it use for report the alkalinity? If it report mekv - 2.5 will be equal to 7 in KH. Ask your LFS about the alkalinity. I do not think that you have 2.5 in KH in a saltwater that comes from your LFS.

And welcome

Sincerely Lasse
Ok, I thought all the KH tests were the same. That's good to know that they're not! I know my KH test is a different brand than my test kit but I used the chart in my test kit to see the results since my test didn't come with one. I will have to poke around on their website when I get home from work to see if I can find their chart. I believe the test is from Red Sea. Thanks for letting me know!
 
Sweet! I get to be one of the cool kids now, I officially have a build thread for my tank! There's not much to see yet but hopefully I'll be able to keep adding to it over the next couple weeks.
 
After doing some research I have discovered that my alkalinity problem isn't as bad as I originally thought. I looked up my test indicator and found that my alkalinity is actually about 7 - 7.5. I still think it's a little low but hopefully I can bring it up a bit after a couple water changes. Thank you everyone for the great advice, I really appreciate it!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 20.0%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 1 10.0%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 2 20.0%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 5 50.0%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new