Joining Welcome Home GIF

IKD

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
First time here,

Finally attempting to get into the reefing hobby. I've had my saltwater tank for a few years, but really only kept fish and an anemone. I have a 15-gallon fluval flex that's planted freshwater, and a 55-gallon saltwater tank. I attached a picture. Please ignore the rigged-up lighting fixtures, they were made to accommodate my apartment complex and my roommate's cat. Most of the coral in the tank is fairly new, except for the anemones that have split 5 times this past year. I did move the firework clove back to the frag rack and have replaced it with a new frogspawn can update the pic later.

Happy to be here and share my experiences /progress and learn with you all. :)
Ppen to all advice and pictures of other reef tanks!

TankPreFrogspawn.jpg
Welcome!! From Muskegon myself!

Fish Think Pink

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First time here,

Finally attempting to get into the reefing hobby. I've had my saltwater tank for a few years, but really only kept fish and an anemone. I have a 15-gallon fluval flex that's planted freshwater, and a 55-gallon saltwater tank. I attached a picture. Please ignore the rigged-up lighting fixtures, they were made to accommodate my apartment complex and my roommate's cat. Most of the coral in the tank is fairly new, except for the anemones that have split 5 times this past year. I did move the firework clove back to the frag rack and have replaced it with a new frogspawn can update the pic later.

Happy to be here and share my experiences /progress and learn with you all. :)
Ppen to all advice and pictures of other reef tanks!

TankPreFrogspawn.jpg

Welcome! Glad you joined.

Have you considered starting your build thread? I found its a great place to document my tank's evolution for myself. I started tank first then joined, so I'm still finding myself going back collecting pictures & updating historically as well as current state. Once you create your first post in your thread and link it to your account, they will give you build badge (look left, under my ID). You already seem to be doing well!

This might help you find people local to you in Grand Rapids:

This is a good reference book type online article I still review:

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 3 4.8%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 37 59.7%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 16 25.8%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 5 8.1%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 1 1.6%
Back