New reefer here intro.

ImpatientReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys,

Thanks for building this community. It's been super helpful and I hope to be able to add some value as well!

As for my handle "ImpatientReefer", I say that because it's true! I have always dreamed of having a saltwater aquarium and finally that dream came true. I purchased the Redsea 750 g2 complete set (160 gal display, 40gal sump) and added water about 5 Saturday's ago. Since then, I also got my apex and most of what they have to offer set up. I have my aquascape competed and now have 10 fish!

I've become well versed in the apex (I'm a dangerously fast learner) so happy to help anyone considering the apex so that you can automate your maintenance.

I "instant cycled" my tank with a big bio brick I got from a new friend I met at a local fish store. (He's be very helpful!) but against his better judgment of "being patient" I kinda went in a fish spree haha.

My ammonia levels kinda suffered at first but I've been keeping an eye on them.

So far I have the following fish.
1. Powder Blue Tang
2. Dajadini Sailfin
3. Yellow Tang
4. Naso Tang
5. Blue Girdled Angelfish
6. Leopard Wrass
7. Mated pair Black Ice Clown Fish
8. Female Orange Anthia
9. Long Nose Hawk Fish
10. Mated pair Blue Mandarin (Arriving Friday)

My "Fish Friend" suggested the TTM and my wife and I did that in the beginning for the first 4 fish but she didn't like having buckets sitting around the living room during that process so we scrapped the "parisite eradication method" to "parisite maintence". To make her happy, I set up a UV filter and got the apex flow sensor so my flow meets the demand to kill parasites.

Enough about me now, if I can help in anyway let me know!

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Welcome to Reef2Reef!!!

Clownfish.gif

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0

Alex's Nano Reef

Don't tell my Landlord
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys,

Thanks for building this community. It's been super helpful and I hope to be able to add some value as well!

As for my handle "ImpatientReefer", I say that because it's true! I have always dreamed of having a saltwater aquarium and finally that dream came true. I purchased the Redsea 750 g2 complete set (160 gal display, 40gal sump) and added water about 5 Saturday's ago. Since then, I also got my apex and most of what they have to offer set up. I have my aquascape competed and now have 10 fish!

I've become well versed in the apex (I'm a dangerously fast learner) so happy to help anyone considering the apex so that you can automate your maintenance.

I "instant cycled" my tank with a big bio brick I got from a new friend I met at a local fish store. (He's be very helpful!) but against his better judgment of "being patient" I kinda went in a fish spree haha.

My ammonia levels kinda suffered at first but I've been keeping an eye on them.

So far I have the following fish.
1. Powder Blue Tang
2. Dajadini Sailfin
3. Yellow Tang
4. Naso Tang
5. Blue Girdled Angelfish
6. Leopard Wrass
7. Mated pair Black Ice Clown Fish
8. Female Orange Anthia
9. Long Nose Hawk Fish
10. Mated pair Blue Mandarin (Arriving Friday)

My "Fish Friend" suggested the TTM and my wife and I did that in the beginning for the first 4 fish but she didn't like having buckets sitting around the living room during that process so we scrapped the "parisite eradication method" to "parisite maintence". To make her happy, I set up a UV filter and got the apex flow sensor so my flow meets the demand to kill parasites.

Enough about me now, if I can help in anyway let me know!
Welcome to the one and only Reef2Reef @ImpatientReefer your tank sounds litt you need to get a bill thread going where you can show off your progress there are tons of people who would love to see it. I wish I could keep that many tangs but I only got a 20 gallon.

Back