New Reefer in Colorado

Welcome to Reef2Reef!!!

Clownfish.gif
 
Welcome. I’m also in Colorado and new to keeping a reef.
Lots of research, planning and a pile of money helps lol.
I highly recommend you setup a QT for coral and fish.
I went nuts and followed G Santana advice and went full fiscally irresponsible and even then still didn’t have enough stuff. Oh. And the patience.
I took all the time to seemingly do everything right. All but QT my fish. That has come to bite me now that I’ve added my 3rd and 4th to last fishes.
Friendly advice.
Even if the store offers QT and fish seem healthy and sick free.
still do your own QT for observation at minimum but ideally should treat fish for at least the basics.

I went overkill spent many thousands extra on building a relatively small setup. Now all of that is compromised because I decided to NOT QT my fish but instead buy from a reliable source.
so even though I’m QT my coral. Still have a potential major disease introduced into my DT thanks to fish from a LFS.
Take your time. Research everything you’re interested in.
Best of luck with the endeavor and I hope you enjoy it as much as I do!
last thing.
Never make impulse purchases of livestock.
 
Hello all... I am a coral lover and just getting started in reefing; I have no equipment at all at this time. I am installing a RODI unit in my garage this weekend. I have my eyes on a nice 75 gallon tank. Smiles, Blastomussa57
Welcome to the party! Aquamart is currently my favorite LFS. 285/Wadsworth
 

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 6 35.3%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 6 35.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 7 41.2%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 17.6%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new