New Reefer: Just started my cycle & QT

  • Thread starter Thread starter phatduckk
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

phatduckk

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 21, 2019
Messages
806
Reaction score
961
Location
San Mateo, CA
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all,

Thought I'd introduce myself. I'm Arin - from the San Francisco area and just started my cycle yesterday! The build thread for my Reefer 350 is over here for those who want to take a look. I've decide to QT a couple clowns while I do a fishless in the DT.

Just wanted to say "thanks" to everyone here for the wealth of info and for answering the noob questions I posted along my journey here. I probably spent about 3 months researching before even buying any gear - and even after the gear arrived I took about 2 months to get it all setup.

A couple huge takeaways from all the reading I did was "be careful" and "be patient"; so I took my time &, so far, everything's going well =)

Anyways - just wanted to say "hi". If there's any SF Bay folks hit me up - I'd love to grab a drink, chat & learn.

Here's my lil dudes in QT:

IMG_1406.jpg
 
Hi all,

Thought I'd introduce myself. I'm Arin - from the San Francisco area and just started my cycle yesterday! The build thread for my Reefer 350 is over here for those who want to take a look. I've decide to QT a couple clowns while I do a fishless in the DT.

Just wanted to say "thanks" to everyone here for the wealth of info and for answering the noob questions I posted along my journey here. I probably spent about 3 months researching before even buying any gear - and even after the gear arrived I took about 2 months to get it all setup.

A couple huge takeaways from all the reading I did was "be careful" and "be patient"; so I took my time &, so far, everything's going well =)

Anyways - just wanted to say "hi". If there's any SF Bay folks hit me up - I'd love to grab a drink, chat & learn.

Here's my lil dudes in QT:

IMG_1406.jpg
WELCOME! cute clowns!
 
Welcome to R2R Arin ! Those clowns are awesome and glad to see there in QT .

thanks. Definitely read enough “I lost them all” stories to where I was convinced I have to Implement QT. In the end it reminds me of flossing; you should do it even though it sucks.

Still reading up on invert and coral QT. Inverts especially seem like a drag to QT especially in regards to needing a CUC “on demand” at times.

corals... seems like most just dip them. I dunno.

Still got more research to do there. Feels like cutting either out is potentially risky. But I’ll admit its not appealing at all lol
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 5 21.7%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 13.0%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 2 8.7%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 6 26.1%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 5 21.7%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 1 4.3%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 1 4.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new