New reefer, possible hitchhiker?

multiuser8

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 13, 2018
Messages
58
Reaction score
58
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently (2 months ago) set up my first marine tank and just got back from some field work. I noticed a little crawly on my glass along with some new algae since I haven't been here to maintain the tank. All water conditions good...

Ammonia 0
Nitrite 0
Nitrate <.5
Ph 7.8-8
Calcium ~400 mg/L

I have two ocellaris clowns, an anemone, toadstool, hammer and candy cane corals. I use a mixture of rodi and Pacific saltwater.
 
Forgot images...
675312e421b079168bd045661c51ea08.jpg
90ed5c8700ae5c8ae8a1d6db6f9edfbd.jpg
 
Your going to start seeing copepods, amphipods, planaria, hydroids, all little critters that will start appearing in a new tank. Most are beneficial. they will come and go as your tank matures. But I can't really tell what you have currently without a better picture.
 
Well I just got home from work and cant seem to find it. If I see it again I'll post a picture!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 11 44.0%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 7 28.0%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new