New Reefer w/32 gallon Biocube

Rexless

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 9, 2020
Messages
17
Reaction score
33
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Greetings to All,

I'm from the Bay Area and 6 months into my reefing adventure. Have lost a few damsels and one green bubble tip anenome. First mistake was that I didnt remove one damsel that got beat up and died and then relied on my shrimps and CUC to take care of the carcass. Bacterial Bloom occured and water was cloudy for weeks (almost gave up) until I got a mini UV sterilizer and everything is back to normal and actually much clearer than ever before.
I'm hoping to get some more knowledge joining this forum and ultimately want advice on beginner corals and anenomes. I started out Gung Ho about testing my water parameters but now that my tank appears to have overcame the break in period but now feel overwhelmed on what to check for now besides Salinity and Nitrates. Low maintenance is ideal. Right now I have a small refugium in the middle section filled with Chaeto and it is growing so I think it's doing good. Turned off the protein skimmer for now and am just waiting to get new species but with the covid stuff happening I'm pretty much stagnant. Thank you

20200409_171948.jpg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 33.3%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 2 22.2%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 3 33.3%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new