New Reefer - Zoa hitch hiker?

immo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently added my first corals to my tank. A nuclear green frag, and a micro flame frag. On the micro flame frag, there appears to be a small hitch hiker that I'm not sure what it is, if anyone could help me ID it, I would appreciate it.
1675903377141.jpeg

Reefing.with.Rich

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
I recently added my first corals to my tank. A nuclear green frag, and a micro flame frag. On the micro flame frag, there appears to be a small hitch hiker that I'm not sure what it is, if anyone could help me ID it, I would appreciate it.
1675903377141.jpeg
Aptasia

OP
OP
immo

immo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yeah, i figured that out, after i figured out that i posted in the wrong subforum, and read the sticky. early mornings sure are rough on reading late. pulled the frag out to do some super gluing action ... i guess it's done hid.

SchrutesReefs

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sneaky little turds get through coral dips (if you did one). Gotta keep an eye on it’s location if you decide to remove the frag to treat it. Might be hard to find once it retracts.

footgal

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Personally, I superglue the end of a toothpick then jam that thing directly into the aiptasia. If the frag is placed far down in the tank it‘s probably worth it to get a frag rack to lift it up a little. Wait for the Aiptasia to come back out then stab it with the wet superglue + toothpick and twist. Leave it for 5-10 seconds then take the frag out of the tank and remove the toothpick. Should be good to go!

TnFishwater98

Drink more fishwater there! And I still want more!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1675903377141.jpeg
Screaming Craig T Nelson GIF by filmeditor

OP
OP
immo

immo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
well, i gave it the super glue treatment, twice now. once i believe was a failure, seeing as how it moved locations. it's super tiny, i will be giving the toothpick trick a chance if it shows back up. thanks everyone! any other suggestions for small aptasia?

Reefing.with.Rich

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
well, i gave it the super glue treatment, twice now. once i believe was a failure, seeing as how it moved locations. it's super tiny, i will be giving the toothpick trick a chance if it shows back up. thanks everyone! any other suggestions for small aptasia?
Hands down the ultimate cure to aptasia is hot water
Get something microwaveable and put some rodi water in it and get it to a boil
Then get a syringe(preferably with a point like for spot feeding) and fill it with the boiling water and gently hit the aptasia
Within seconds you’ll see the slime float away from where it was and boom it’s gone
Try it and you’ll be a life time believer

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Using syringe, inject either lemon juice or better yet. . kalkwasser powder mixed with tank water into a paste the consistency of toothpaste and inject into the very center core and it will melt away

OP
OP
immo

immo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hands down the ultimate cure to aptasia is hot water
Get something microwaveable and put some rodi water in it and get it to a boil
Then get a syringe(preferably with a point like for spot feeding) and fill it with the boiling water and gently hit the aptasia
Within seconds you’ll see the slime float away from where it was and boom it’s gone
Try it and you’ll be a life time believer
do i need to worry about it damaging my zoas?

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 17 28.3%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 50 83.3%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 9 15.0%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 6 10.0%
  • Other

Votes: 3 5.0%
Back