New Reidi Seahorses not eating

seghaier

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,
I have purchased two reidi seahorses, male and female about 4 or 5 months old last sunday,
So far for two days they haven't eaten anything but they are looking for live food in the tank like amphipods and even snapping small hermit crabs
, I put the food in front of their faces using a syringe and they didn't give any attention to it. I have also shaked the mysis shrimp using a tweezer in front of them to make it look like live food and they didnt eat it. I have tried large mysis, pe mysis and really small mysis and nothing worked. The seller showed me how they ate frozen mysis and they should know it from their previous tank.
Can anyone help me with an advice I am not aware of to get them eat?

SeahorseKeeper

Where's the mysis?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How are the seahorses doing? Have they started to eat? It is not uncommon for them not to eat frozen for a few days when they are transported to a new tank. This is why I recommend stocking the tank with amphipods before adding the seahorses.

OP
OP
S

seghaier

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I contacted the seller to get the same mysis shrimp brand for them and now they are eating, still not in the best condition but I hope they will improve

SeahorseKeeper

Where's the mysis?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How are they doing?

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 14 28.0%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 18 36.0%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 13 26.0%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 4 8.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 2.0%
Back